Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!!

The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>As I might have told I am a member of the repair cafe once a month. Besides the hoovers, CDplayers and coffee machines, sometimes a real old beauty comes in. The happier we all are when it can be restored.</p>
<p>Like my dad, I always had a tendency to do things myself which I can do myself. I also  like to fix things back to their former glory. More or less similar, but on a far higher 'level', I found out there is a program on the BBC called 'Repair shop'.</p>

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>Might have told you this before, but this program is so good. It's in it's fourth season now. I think the past three seasons can be watched om Youtube.</p>
<p>I was lucky to see the new season started yesterday. BBC1, 16.30 hours GB time. Not only did it start yesterday, it is on EVERY day !</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Keesie.

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>The real reason for telling you this is that today a gentleman walked in with a car model from his youth: A Jaguar XK120 from Prameta! (the brand has been discussed on PD before). This German company made no more than a handful of 'clockwork' car models. I decided to make pictures of my TV screen to let you know this, with subtitles.....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>As you can read the car did not function for 50 years. The main reason was that one of the sprocket wheels was worn out. The expert repaired it, and as he has a load of old keys, one of them fitted on the base, so he knew it worked.</p>
<p>He then looked up the details of these models....to find a special key came with it, in the form of a P-poliiceman.  He then decided to make a replica of that specific key.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
nearest open gas station</p>
<p> </p>

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>How cool is his!!!!!!</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
wells fargo bank open near me</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #7

Platinum Boarder
This was broadcast in the UK earlier today (Tues 2nd April) and I missed the beginning but saw the making of the key footage. I was hoping this programme was going to be about model car collecting and restoration but sadly no, still waiting for that one to materialise!!

Rollerman.

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>Already said it was on today. Obviously the program is not about collecting, but about restoring. Also it has a high sentimental value, as people come in with a broken piece with a story attached to it. As the program has several experts, a piece like an old clock with a wooden housing may be dismanteled. Then the housing will go to the wood-epert, the clock to the clock-expert (which is the guy with the 'double' glasses in one picture).</p>

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Keesie.
I really enjoy watching this type of program and I haven't heard of it before.

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>CCE, it is on in 20 minutes....!</p>

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Keesie.
I don't think they broadcast this in Sydney but as you mention, it can be watched on Youtube.

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #12

Thanks Kees, that is very interesting. I have had a few of the Prämeta cars and sold them on for good money

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks guys. Well, yesterday it was on: a Penny Farthing! As some of you know I have one, so this episode and especially this subject got my attention!</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>A couple came in with this PF. I guess it is from around 1875, and as the PF period is roughly from 1870 to 1885, this is an early one with short straight handlebars.</p>
<p> </p>

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>A lot of spokes were broken on the big wheel, and the suspension on the saddle was gone.</p>
<p>
barclays bank branch finder</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #15

Platinum Boarder
<p>It was decided only to do repairs to get it rideable.</p>
<p>
chase locations near me now</p>
<p>