Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #91

Platinum Boarder
Tamiya primer and Tamiya translucent purple. I put some primer on 1 body and 1 window. The body then with chrome paint and some translucent purple. The window with chrome and gold paint. Then clear varnisch. Another body just translucent purple on the outside and clear varnisch. I'm going to do the inside with chrome paint, maybe that has the same effect as the original paint from the Corgi Electro Rockets car.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #92

Platinum Boarder
<p>Chacca, you have a PM.</p>

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #93

Platinum Boarder
Some bodies and a window in the spray booth for primer and one with chrome paint on the inside of the body.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #94

Platinum Boarder
What are you trying to show in the last picture. I looks like a crunched up piece of plastic bag???

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #95

Platinum Boarder
It is a plastic bag to cover the outside of the body, the chrome paint on the inside. Something to try out.I hope it works.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #96

Platinum Boarder
It should work just fine. I have done this in the past with very good results. Mostly I am painting two-tones that cover half a truck. As long as it is sealed around the openings you should have no problem
Blow some air over it and see if the plastic lifts so that paint can get outside where you want it. If now then your set.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #97

Platinum Boarder
It gives no difference, chrome paint on the inside. Primer on some bodies and windows.

host an image

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #98

Platinum Boarder
If I remember correctly, using chrome paint under Candy Colors or semi-transparent to transparent colors is how you use Chrome paint under other paints. That is how it works from memory.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #99

Platinum Boarder
Yes, i know. But i was trying something out that i found on youtube. Chrome paint on the inside of the body and translucent paint on the outside. But i see now difference. So the next is chrome and paint on the outside.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #100

Platinum Boarder
Don't use primer as that covers the silver with a barrier and makes your efforts useless. Put the silver on the inside and the translucent paint on the outside. The primer is making you fail. Either that or put the silver on the outside and then the translucent paint on top as you have not decided to do.
Just forget about the primer unless you want it under the silver.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #101

Platinum Boarder
First primer, than chrome paint and then translucent purple. That's the way i like it...

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #102

Platinum Boarder
All on the outside of course. I have also heard that you can get is looking factory by doing it in reverse on the inside. Purple, Silver or chrome and then the primer if you wish but does not have to be there. That makes the surface of the clear plastic what you see. Of course you should have a near perfect surface on the outside of the body to do this properly. Used to paint Slot Car Bodies that way.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #103

Platinum Boarder
But the bodies and the windows from the Corgi Electro Rocket cars are not clear plastic. They are white plastic so primer, chrome and paint all on the outside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #104

Platinum Boarder
Here is a picture of the bodies and window, no clear plastic.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #105

Platinum Boarder
Right you are of course. Not familiar with them so....
Your method should work as long as you use a transparent or semi-transparent paint over the Chrome. I think it has to be chrome and not Silver.