Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 2 weeks ago #76

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here is a picture of the first Corgi Electro Rocket car i have painted. It was something as a try out but i'm very pleased with it. Now the other cars.</p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 2 weeks ago #77

Platinum Boarder
The paint looks good and nice to see you are starting on the painting of all those cars you have purchased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 2 weeks ago #78

I like the color of the car. Is it Motip paint or did you mix it yourself?

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 2 weeks ago #79

Platinum Boarder
It is Tamiya color. Paint for plastic models. Tomorrow i'm going to see for some other colors.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 2 weeks ago #80

Platinum Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Finally a picture again : Matchbox Scorpion ; Old shop stock but does not run</p>
Last Edit: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by blackstone.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 2 weeks ago #81

Platinum Boarder

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 2 weeks ago #82

Platinum Boarder
<p>I have been to the model shop. Some new paints and clear varnisch.
</p>
Last Edit: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by chaccamacca.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 1 week ago #83

Platinum Boarder
I cleaned some bodies and windows with oven cleaner. The bodies and the windows in a plastic bag, sprayed oven cleaner in the plastic bag, closed the bag and let it sit for 24 hours.
Just 1 window with still some paint on it.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 1 week ago #84

Platinum Boarder
Yes, oven cleaner works well on plastic. I just spray and let sit for about 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with hot water. Your plastic bag method seems to have worked just as well. Only thing I find is if I let it sit too long the oven cleaner dries on the plastic and I have to spray it again. Only have to do it twice some times.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 1 week ago #85

Platinum Boarder
I think i'm going to do all the bodies i have this way. But what is best: primer or not? The man from the store i have bought the Tamiya paint said it is not neccessary to use primer. He said to do just one more spray.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 1 week ago #86

Platinum Boarder
Dinky and I believe Corgi did not use primer. They gave two coats of paint to all their models.
I use a light grey primer on most of my restorations. It was recommended to me as the paints today are not Lead based colors but acryl, acrylic, cellulose base etc. More and more is going water based today too. With lead paints you did not have to primer.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 1 week ago #87

Platinum Boarder
Having said that i would try one each way to see if there is any difference in the way the color lays on the model and also the color. Does it stay the same as on the can or does it go darker or lighter due to the primer. That may mean another coat of paint is needed too.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 1 week ago #88

Platinum Boarder
On my diecast Corgi Toys cars i always use primer but i'm not sure with the plastic bodies. The one i did i use primer from a different brand. Maybe i need to use primer from Tamiya paint.
I like the purple color but i want to do a better job.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 1 week ago #89

Expert Boarder
<p>chaccamacca wrote:
On my diecast Corgi Toys cars i always use primer but i'm not sure with the plastic bodies. The one i did i use primer from a different brand. Maybe i need to use primer from Tamiya paint. I like the purple color but i want to do a better job.
</p>
<p>Tamiya primer is excellent and usually gets the job done in a single coat. I usually use their white primer but sometimes their light gray if the paint coat is going to be a dark color. It's not too thick yet it's also sandable.</p>

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 11 months, 1 week ago #90

Platinum Boarder
Lark6, thank you for your answer. I was going to do that, white primer from Tamiya. But the shop is closed on Monday so that is something for another day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lark6