Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 3 months ago #61

Platinum Boarder
<p>I finished the work on the last car. The brushes were to coroded so i made 2 new brushes. Put it all back together and another working Corgi Elektro Rockets car.</p>
<p>I urgent need to do the bodies from all the cars.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 3 months ago #62

You are an experts on these, thanks for sharing
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 2 months ago #63

Platinum Boarder
<p>Today a package with 3 Corgi Electro Rockets Alfa Romeo Montreal cars. 1 in excellent codition and 2 cars with a little work. All 3 engines working and i charged the 3 batteries(also working) On 2 cars i have a little work to do.</p>
<p>The different with the other cars that i have is that these cars have a sizzlers engine, the other cars have a DC engine.</p>
<p>I took the 2 engines out and put the bodies with the contacts in 1/2 viakal blue and 1/2 water.</p>
<p>Here are some pictures.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Here are some pictures of the cars with DC engine and sizzlers engine.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Here is a pcture of the bodies from the 2 cars. The car with the sizzlers engine has the switch(to let the engine run) on the other side.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by chaccamacca.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 2 months ago #64

Platinum Boarder
<p>Cleaned the contacts, engines back and working.</p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 2 months ago #65

Platinum Boarder
You can see they are a different engine. Looks like stronger magnets which will generate a stronger field there for making the engine rev faster. Nice to see. I used to rewind the motors in my 1:64 scale cars. They ran on track and were very fast and did not want to stay on the track with out the rear pin in place. With just the front pin to guide it along the track you had to slow right down for corners or you would spin out. With the rear pin in you could go much faster around the corners and I made jumps for it too. Never did get tiem to line up with the track after jumping though. I was about 14 or 15 when I was racing them at the Local Community Center in Vancouver, BC Canada.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 2 months ago #66

Platinum Boarder
<p>Yesterday another Corgi Electro Alfa Romeo Montreal car with sizzlers engine. But not working. So i opened up the sizzlers engine. The body and the little white cap in 1/2 viakal blue and 1/2 water.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>I hope the brushes are ok but i think they are ok.</p>

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 2 months ago #67

Platinum Boarder
<p>I finished the work on the sizzlers engine. These sizzlers engines are easy to work on, much easier than the DC engines.The brushes are ok, little white cap on the engine and the engine back in the car. Now i have 18 working Corgi Electro rocket cars. 4 with sizzlers engine and 14 with DC engines. Next thing to do is to paint the bodies.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>4 working original 1/3 AA batteries.</p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 2 months ago #68

Platinum Boarder
<p>chaccamacca wrote:
</p>
<p>Yesterday another Corgi Electro Alfa Romeo Montreal car with sizzlers engine. But not working. So i opened up the sizzlers engine. The body and the little white cap in 1/2 viakal blue and 1/2 water.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>I hope the brushes are ok but i think they are ok.</p>
<p>
<br /><br />That green stuff on one of the contacts, is that battery acid corrosion?</p>

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 2 months ago #69

Platinum Boarder
<p>Yes it is. But a little viakal blue and water solves that problem.</p>

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 2 months ago #70

Platinum Boarder
Is that like screen wash that you add the water to and filter under the bonnet of ones 'real car'.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 2 months ago #71

Platinum Boarder
<p>No, it is limescale remover.</p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 2 months ago #72

Platinum Boarder
Oh, I see..makes sense now I see was confused with the branding, did not think the stuff you spray on your windscreen would be strong enough.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 2 months ago #73

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here is a picture of the bodies i have to paint. A lot of work. And another two bodies from the sizzlers cars.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>In totall 18 working cars and 20 bodies.</p>

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 2 months ago #74

Platinum Boarder
That will be quite the painting session. How many different colors are you going to do them in?

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 2 months ago #75

Platinum Boarder
<p>I think the half in the original colors and then red, green and blue.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco