Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 5 months ago #46

Platinum Boarder
Your getting to be a real professional at these little motors and cars. Good for you and this is good news as I am sure there are others out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 5 months ago #47

Platinum Boarder
<p>I did some work on another Corgi Electro Rockets car. But from the little black cap from the engine the contacts were broken. So i took the coppper contacts from a power strip. I made 2 brushes from some copper sheet.It is working. Now 7 working Corgi Electro Rockets cars.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>[url=https://postimg.cc/xXyNCrGV][img]https://i.postimg.cc/4xj6Wsmy</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by chaccamacca.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 5 months ago #48

Platinum Boarder
<p>Today some work on the eight Corgi Electro Rocket car.The brushes were too coroded to be used again so i made new brushes.</p>
<p>The body in some liquid(1/2 viakal blue and 1/2 water). Some sandpaper and a little bit of work.</p>
<p>Now 8 working Corgi Electro rockets cars.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 5 months ago #49

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here is a picture of all my Corgi Electro Rockets cars with the original boxes, next thing to do is to paint the bodies.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 5 months ago #50

Nice collection. I see 9 bodies but only 8 boxes. You have to find another box then.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 5 months ago #51

Platinum Boarder
<p>I bought 1 car without the box. But the contacts of the ninth car where to coroded so only 8 working cars but i'm happy with the 8 cars.I can make a new box but not the styrofoam.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by chaccamacca.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 4 months ago #52

Platinum Boarder
<p>I got another 3 Corgi Electro Rockets cars. 1 for free.2 Ital design Bizzarrini Manta and 1 Alfa Romeo Montreal. From 1 car the contact is rotted away(black circle) but i think i can restore that.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 4 months ago #53

Platinum Boarder
That should be no problem for you. Your becoming an expert on these little toys. Show us your fix when you are done.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 4 months ago #54

Platinum Boarder
<p>I did some work today on the latest 3 Corgi Electro Rockets cars. From the 3 little engines there are 3 brushes ok. So i made 3 new brushes from copper. The 3 little engines are working so next thing to do is to put them in the cars. I made a new copper contact for the car where the copper was rotted away. I made it extra strong. Tested and working.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 4 months ago #55

Platinum Boarder
Very good work. Like I said your becoming a pro at this.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 4 months ago #56

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here is a picture of the 12 bodies i have to paint. But first i have to clean my garage.</p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 3 months ago #57

Platinum Boarder
<p>Today another Ital Design Bizzarrini Manta in the mail. In excellent condition.Almost not coroded. Just a little sandpaper to clean the contacts, a liitle battery and working. This one is good as it is.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 3 months ago #58

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here are 2 pictures of the Corgi Electro Rocket Manta car and the Corgi Rocket Manta.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 3 months ago #59

Platinum Boarder
The difference is obvious for sure. when you see the base. Even from the top as there is a spare wheel in the back of the no motorized version.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 year, 3 months ago #60

Platinum Boarder
<p>Today 4 more Corgi Rockets cars en 2 Corgi Electro Rockets cars. The Alfa Romeo Montreal is in excellent condition and need no work.I put the battery inside and the car is running. The Bizzarrini Manta needs some work. I opened up the car took the little engine out and opened the little engine. The frame and the cap with the brushes in 1/2 viakal blue and 1/2 water.</p>
<p>The first picture: the 2 Corgi Electro Rockets cars that are fine like they are.</p>
<p>The other pictures is what i'm cleaning.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>