Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 4 months, 1 week ago #241

Platinum Boarder
Those bright colors should look really nice with a gold window unit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 4 months, 1 week ago #242

Platinum Boarder
Did you spray the mauve one?

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 4 months, 1 week ago #243

Platinum Boarder
No, i did not.
The mauve one is original, i bought it so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 4 months ago #244

Platinum Boarder
<p>Today i did some work on the Corgi Electro Rockets cars. I restore the engine so now i have four working engines. But i have 2 working cars with contacts and 1 with contacts missing(black circles). The red and mauve are working cars and the blue is just the body. I'm going to try to make the contacts myself.
In total i have now 39 working cars with bodies, i have 35 original boxes and 2 cars where i have to make the contacts myself. And i have 3 spare bodies.</p>
<p>I didn't realise i had so many.</p>
Last Edit: 4 months ago by chaccamacca.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 4 months ago #245

Platinum Boarder
Isn't collecting fun? You get going and the next thing you know your saying...Where did it all come from?
All looking good and you have some new work on those contacts. I am sure you will have no problem as you have so may to guide you.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 months, 4 weeks ago #246

Platinum Boarder
Today another Corgi Electro Rockets car in the mail.
The body is good, the window is glow in the dark, the contacts and the engine need some work.
So the contacts in 1/2 Viakal blue and 1/2 water.
The engine is clean now and the contacts in the little black cap are ok.
The little black cap on the engine and it is working.
For making the contacts myself i need a copper sheet but in Belgium i can only order that in big volume.
So i found the copper sheets on ebay and bought them.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 months, 3 weeks ago #247

Platinum Boarder
<p>Finished the work on the car with the glow in the dark window. Another working Corgi Electro Rockets car.
</p>
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by chaccamacca.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 months, 3 weeks ago #248

Platinum Boarder
Yesterday i received the copper plates for making the contacts myself.
Today i found in the spare box 2 broken contacts.
Just the pieces that makes the + contact with the engines are missing.
So i made these + contacts.(black circle)
Now another 2 working cars.
Just to pick what bodies because i have 5 spare.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 months, 1 week ago #249

Platinum Boarder
<p>I decided what bodies on the cars. Now 3 spare bodies.
</p>
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by chaccamacca.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 months, 1 week ago #250

Looking good!

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 months, 1 week ago #251

Platinum Boarder
Yes, they are looking good. One day you will have to line them all up in a couple rows and show us you completed collection.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 months, 1 week ago #252

Platinum Boarder
Today this in the mail:
2 support collars and track links an 3 cloverleaf/crossroads kit.
The red support collars is what i have tried to 3D print.
These red collars are hard to find.
I was lucky.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 months, 1 week ago #253

Good find! Ebay?

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 months, 1 week ago #254

Platinum Boarder
<p>Yes, ebay.uk</p>
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by chaccamacca.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 months, 1 week ago #255

Platinum Boarder
Excellent. Patience finally pay off. Good for you.