Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 4 weeks, 1 day ago #226

Platinum Boarder
I did some work on the two cars.
From one car the brushes were good and from the other car i had to make the brushes.
From one car the body is good and i had to paint the other car.
The one with the black circle is the one where i made the brushes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 4 weeks ago #227

Platinum Boarder
You are quite the master on repairing these little racers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 weeks, 6 days ago #228

Platinum Boarder
Today in the mail, another Corgi Electro Rockets car.
The body has no paint but i'm going to use ovencleaner to clean the body.
The contacts are coroded so the body in 1/2 Viakal blue and 1/2 water.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 weeks, 5 days ago #229

Platinum Boarder
<p>I did some work on the cars i got the day before yesterday. 1 body was good(purple/gold) and the other body i painted orange. The car i got today is also running but i have to do the body of that car. That is something for tomorrow. I had a spare engine so i used that and the engine from the car i got today is also running. I still have 1 spare engine.
</p>
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 5 days ago by chaccamacca.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 weeks, 5 days ago #230

Platinum Boarder
That is nice that you have spares at hand. Work on fixing them after the car is done. The purple car looks really nice with the gold windows and I like the orange color on the other with black windows. Suits the car well.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 weeks, 5 days ago #231

the thing I noticed for the first time is that the hub front and rear are different!!

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 weeks, 5 days ago #232

Platinum Boarder
Here is the body after ovencleaner.

Next thing is painting.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 weeks, 4 days ago #233

Platinum Boarder
Black body, white window.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 3 weeks, 4 days ago #234

Platinum Boarder
Yes Routemasternl, the hub front and back are different.
Here is a picture:

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 2 weeks, 6 days ago #235

Platinum Boarder
The postman rang at my door today.
2 packages, 3 Corgi Electro Rockets cars.
1 in 1 bag and 2 in another bag.
For the 2 in 1 bag i had to pay 37,40€ customs fees.(Brexit)
1 car the body is great but a piece from the contacts is missing.
On the other bodies there is some work.
2 engines are working and on the other engine i have to do some work.
But i have one spare engine.
The 2 bodies in ovencleaner and the 3 contacts in 1/2 Viakal blue and 1/2 water.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 2 weeks, 5 days ago #236

Platinum Boarder
Nicely done but too bad about the customs fees. I guess that is the new normal over there not that Brexit is done.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 2 weeks, 5 days ago #237

Platinum Boarder
I read something about customs fees.
If the package is under the 22€ then you have to pay nothing and is the pakage more
then 22€ you have to pay customs fees.
So if i buy or bid something on ebay.uk it is going to be under 22€.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 2 weeks, 5 days ago #238

Platinum Boarder
With no trade deal with the UK Europe had done this. I am not sure but I think all of the EU is on the same tariff schedule. Here in Canada we are similar but toys are duty free and if new or expensive a provincial sales tax is added on along with the brokerage fee of at least $8.00. You have to watch what you buy now. Taxes are very where but I still can buy from the UK, Europe, China and the USA with out paying any of that. Used toys are tax and duty free but the Global Shipping service in the USA with eBay.com and soon if not already here in Canada is a scam. There is not duty or tax on toys from the USA but they charge it anyway and they say they send it to Canada. I have been having a hard time trying to find out about that but the virus is making it hard to do. Not enough people at the Government and too many people wanting to have questions answered, now it it income tax coming up. Maybe later this year but I don't go with the GSP if I can help it which is most of the time.
Get used to the Taxes people they are everywhere now or will be soon.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 2 weeks, 5 days ago #239

Platinum Boarder
After ovencleaner.
And the brushes are ok from the engine that did not work.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 2 weeks, 4 days ago #240

Platinum Boarder
After painting.