Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers?

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 5 months, 4 weeks ago #151

Platinum Boarder
Today in the mail: another Corgi Electro rockets car.
One with a sizzler engine.
The body in oven cleaner and the contacts in 1/2 viakal and 1/2 water.
The engine is working, i was lucky.
Next thing to do is to paint the body, to clean the contacts with sandpaper.

photo upload in public

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 5 months, 4 weeks ago #152

Platinum Boarder
I finished the contacts, i cleaned them with sandpaper and put the sizzler engine in it.
Another working Corgi Electro rockets car.
Next thing to do tomorrow is to clean the body, then primer and paint.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 5 months, 3 weeks ago #153

looking good Patrick!
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 5 months, 3 weeks ago #154

Platinum Boarder
Thank you,
I was very lucky with this car.
I got it cheap, no work on the engine(brushes are good) and the contacts after cleaning are good.
Next thing to do is the body.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 5 months, 3 weeks ago #155

Platinum Boarder
Cleaned the body with ovencleaner and degreased it with dreft. Looking good so far.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 5 months, 3 weeks ago #156

Platinum Boarder
You are amassing a large number of these cars. Any plans for them other than display?

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 5 months, 3 weeks ago #157

Platinum Boarder
Yes, i have other plans. I have some tracks, i have the Corgi skypark, i have the hooverport set. I'm going to lay out all that i have and see how it goes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 5 months, 3 weeks ago #158

Platinum Boarder
That could look great. Make sure you take a few pictures to show us.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 5 months, 3 weeks ago #159

Platinum Boarder
Gold paint on the body. It is the best match to the original paint sofar.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 week, 2 days ago #160

Platinum Boarder
Another Corgi Electro Rocket car in the mail.
Body in ovencleaner and the contacts in 1/2 viakal and 1/2 water.
Contacts are looking clean.

odd baby boy names

unique but strong boy names

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 week, 2 days ago #161

Platinum Boarder
The contacts look brand new after that Viakal bath. Good stuff from the looks of it.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 1 week, 1 day ago #162

Ready for a new leash of life!

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 5 days, 16 hours ago #163

Platinum Boarder
The contacts are clean, next thing to do is the body.

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 5 days, 13 hours ago #164

what color are you going to give it?

Re: Corgi Electro, Matchbox Scorpions and Hot Wheels Sizzlers? 5 days, 13 hours ago #165

Platinum Boarder
I'm going to trade the colors.
Window purple and body gold.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL