Corgi Juniors Whizzwheels VW 1300 Police: repair / resto
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Juniors Whizzwheels VW 1300 Police: repair / resto

Re: Corgi Juniors Whizzwheels VW 1300 Police: repair / resto 2 years, 1 month ago #16

Expert Boarder
"Corgi Unit Victor Whisky to dispatcher. Last riot control in the Seventies left some scratches and bruises.
Government shutdown over, money came in.
Look, we have a beacon! And cleaned windows, interiors, bodywork and baseplate.
Just stickers are missing. Any news?"
Over
"Corgi VW, dispatcher here. Stickers in the print. Report to station immediately for detailing and some "glue".
Over and out.

free image upload

Re: Corgi Juniors Whizzwheels VW 1300 Police: repair / resto 2 years, 1 month ago #17

Expert Boarder
Sticker done... just one. Sooo proud. And used the stick my girls use at school.

Re: Corgi Juniors Whizzwheels VW 1300 Police: repair / resto 2 years, 1 month ago #18

great transformation, well done
The following user(s) said Thank You: FiatRitmo

Re: Corgi Juniors Whizzwheels VW 1300 Police: repair / resto 2 years, 1 month ago #19

Expert Boarder
<p>RoutemasterNL wrote:
great transformation, well done
</p>
<p>WOW, coming from one of the masters... it's time to blush!</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Juniors Whizzwheels VW 1300 Police: repair / resto 2 years, 1 month ago #20

Expert Boarder
And fake screws are done. Super glue, cut two screw heads (don't have rivets) and now it's curing.
Even if it isn't going to be rock solid... I'll be happy anyway. As long as I can pick it up and it doesn't fall apart...

Re: Corgi Juniors Whizzwheels VW 1300 Police: repair / resto 2 years, 1 month ago #21

Platinum Boarder
If you glued the base to the body at the rivet point that will hold the model together. I have often used my drill press (you can use a corded or cordless drill too) and turned down a nail head to it is smooth and slightly domed. After it is what you want, just cut the head off the nail and glue into place. Does a good job of a simulation.
I just did something similar with a Sikorsky helicopter main rotor blade on three models. Another few models that came out of The Box That Cam Gave Me. Sounds like a title for a mystery novel. LOL I have finishing nails and just filed off and domed the heads in my drill press. The look great and I will show pictures in another thread soon.
You did great on your VW Police car. Really looks the part now. Congrats on your first restoration Sticker looks good too and the roof top light is perfect. It all takes time

Re: Corgi Juniors Whizzwheels VW 1300 Police: repair / resto 2 years, 1 month ago #22

Platinum Boarder
A good job done there , all went well.

Re: Corgi Juniors Whizzwheels VW 1300 Police: repair / resto 2 years, 1 month ago #23

Expert Boarder
WOW, guys. I'm honored. You are all very kind. And I feel proud.
Now I'm just waiting for M2 screws... so I can carry on with other projects.
  • Page: