Dinky 944 Leyland Octopus Shell/BP Tanker Restoration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Dinky 944 Leyland Octopus Shell/BP Tanker Restoration

Re: Dinky 944 Leyland Octopus Shell/BP Tanker Restoration 2 years ago #61

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Guys. It is appreciated.</p>
<p>Two things I am not overly happy about. First is the hubs. The originals were light grey on this model but they also came in Black or Red. They should be light grey as most of the models I have seen have Never had dark Grey hubs.</p>
<p>The second is the stickers. They are a split line on the back of the sticker sheet. You have to cut them out instead of them being pre-cut like most stickers are and when you cut them out you can peel the backing off as you also cut off the cut line where you can separate the sticker from the backing. Rather annoying.</p>
<p>Other than that, I am happy with this restoration. Thanks go out to Cam, again, for the box of toys and parts.</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Nobleco.

Re: Dinky 944 Leyland Octopus Shell/BP Tanker Restoration 2 years ago #62

Platinum Boarder
Great stuff.

One would assume getting those plastic hubs to the right size would have been a particular pain in the bum.

Re: Dinky 944 Leyland Octopus Shell/BP Tanker Restoration 2 years ago #63

Platinum Boarder
Now that you have told us about what you are not overly happy about , I still say this word , "Factory", it looks great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Dinky 944 Leyland Octopus Shell/BP Tanker Restoration 2 years ago #64

Platinum Boarder
<p>I am my own worst critic when it comes to models. Yes, 143, it was a pain. Had to use an exacto knife and even cut my thumb by mistake, they are very sharp.</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Nobleco.

Re: Dinky 944 Leyland Octopus Shell/BP Tanker Restoration 2 years ago #65

Platinum Boarder
Oh dear, easily done though have been there before.