Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #91

btw: the windowglazings are made of clear plastic CD covers

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #92

Platinum Boarder
<p>(another exhausting day clearing up the flat of my wife's aunt, nearley done now)</p>
<p>Thanks Theo, I have a few sets of those Action stickers, I will try them. Indeed paperclips do not work. The material is thin enough, but I just cannot make the angles all the same. By the way, the beginning/ending of whatever I will use, will hopefully be masked off by window wipers.</p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #93

Platinum Boarder
I tried CD covers for the windows, but as they are placed from the outside in, they are too thick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #94

Platinum Boarder
<p>Really freezing and snowing here, so I have to let the project be for a while. I will continue as soon as I can.</p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #95

Platinum Boarder
Oh dear?

A sign of things to come here?

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #96

Platinum Boarder
Ya, we got about a foot of snow (30cm) last night. Now I have to go shovel the sidewalks, the deck and around my truck.

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #97

Platinum Boarder
<p>The next bit is a bit complicated to explain. There was no loading ramp with the model, but internet pictures show there should be one. It would be wierd NOT to have one. As I said, it is lifted upwards by a piece of loose wire, part of it was still on the model.</p>
<p>There should be a lower hole in the rear stand, which holds a connecting pin. Slightly above this hole there should be another hole, to have the 'hinge' of the ramp. On one side it was there, on the other side it wasn't !!!!!</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #98

Platinum Boarder
<p>Ok, here a detailed internet picture. The lower arrow points at where the connector pin is which joints some parts. The upper arrow is where the ramp is hinged.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #99

Platinum Boarder
<p>The reason the base (blue) and the lower deck (yellow) do not touch in the model I have, is because the ramp is not there.</p>
<p>Told you on one side there was no 'ramp-hole, but strangely enough it was filled up with original paint, meaning the ramp was probably never delivered with the model.</p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #100

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, I will make a new ramp. A one piece ramp like in the internet picture is of course impossible to construct. And even if it was, it would fall out of the model.</p>
<p>The fact the pin at the lower arrow comes loose, because of the tension, made me think. I have to find a new and better solution to hold the left and right side of the model at the same distance from one another.</p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #101

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, here the start. A ramp from curtain blinds..........</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #102

Platinum Boarder
<p>Some holes here and there.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>And here Theo's contribution.... he gave me a bunch of metal rods last year. I managed to get one through the upper holes.</p>
<p>
afbeeldingen gratis</p>
<p> </p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #103

Platinum Boarder
It seems that every time you turn around there is something else missing, broken or just not right. Good work over on this model should make your customer very happy in the end.
The rear wheels in the last photo look really good now.

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #104

Platinum Boarder
<p>Yes Jim, it is a very weak model. Every time I discover details that should have been constructed better with better and in fact cheaper materials. Anyway, the customer called today and I gave him the link to this thread.......</p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #105

Platinum Boarder
I am sure he will find it informative to say the least.