Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #151

Platinum Boarder
<p>The owner said there were originally two wires coming out of the holes you can see in he front. They are supposed to be those air-wires leading to the rear brakes. The wires broke off and I drilled the holes out a bit.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #152

Platinum Boarder
<p>Now then, I needed two small wires to place into those holes. Also I had to think of a way to connect and disconnect them easy with the truck. Of course you can just connect two wires rotating one into the other (how do you call this...?), but I needed a real connecting system, like those small connectors in hifi systems........</p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #153

Platinum Boarder
<p>Got it! here happened to be some loose wires on the workbench.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #154

Platinum Boarder
<p>Keesie wrote:
</p>
<p>Now then, I needed two small wires to place into those holes. Also I had to think of a way to connect and disconnect them easy with the truck. Of course you can just connect two wires rotating one into the other (how do you call this...?), but I needed a real connecting system, like those small connectors in hifi systems........</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>You would be splicing the two wires to make them look like Air lines.</p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #155

Platinum Boarder
That works. Nice and simple connection.

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #156

Platinum Boarder
Yes, but I now have a new problem.....in the other thread.

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #157

Platinum Boarder
<p>Some minor work yesterday night.I decided the lower deck should permanently lowered down to the base, like it was meant to. Glue does not hold those parts together, to much tension. The only thing I could actually do was screw them together. I used a small screw, seems big in the picture, but it will be dremeled and painted later, so you won't notice it.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #158

Platinum Boarder
<p>And further here some pictures again to show you how wrongly this model is assembled.</p>
<p>A picture from the front of the trailer again. Look at the upper and lower part......</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>and here a picture from the rear, from the top down.</p>
<p>
free image upload</p>
<p> </p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #159

Platinum Boarder
<p>Well, one more day yuo will have to cope with this thread......</p>
<p>The ramp is in!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>This Theo wire leading through will not only function as a hinge, it wil also keep the two sides together.</p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #160

Platinum Boarder
<p>Another Theo wire was placed through both stands to keep them to the rest of the trailer. Hurray, in open position the ramp rests on the floor!</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #161

Platinum Boarder
<p>Bumper added, and parts on the sides to cover the bent ends of Theo's wires.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #162

Platinum Boarder
the new owner will be very please im sure

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #163

Platinum Boarder
Good ideas on the cover for the wire ends and nice to see the ramp actually lowers to touch the ground. Once you dress up the screw for the ramp install it will look like a complete model and worth close to what these things bring on Auction sites etc. As 143 says, your customer will be happy with our work, I am sure.

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #164

A magnificent transformation. You can be proud of your work Kees.
All your skills were needed in the restoration. And it worked!
Well done

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 2 months ago #165

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks guys. Hard work today, but it seems I have done it in time. At this very moment there are still parts touched up and left to dry.</p>
<p>Anyway, here today's pictures. Another 'Theo' functions as a lock to hold the ramp in place. The wire seems a bit bent, I will straighten that a little. Further rear lights and bar added. The bar 'masks' the parts where you can see the (hardly visable, between bumper and bar, sprayed blue) wire ends which hold the axle on the other side.</p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness