Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #106

Platinum Boarder
<p>A little update today, as I was in the repaircafe, and therefore did not have much time to work on the ramp. I wasn't really satisfied with the outcome and decided to do another one.</p>
<p>Also it is good to have certain shapes and forms at hand, so you won't have to do certain things twice in future. For instance, the bumper of a certain model (Corvette 310) was broken. I made a new form with two layers of curtain blind plastic. I kept an extra form so I do not have to draw it again. The same goes with the upper deck of the Bat boat.</p>
<p>In this case the two holes in the ramp took a lot of time to do. Doing a second one, one of them can be stored, and I do not have to draw the holes again.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #107

Platinum Boarder
<p>As you can see in the last picture, tiny (0.5 mm) holes were drilled. These are exactly where 'Theo's axle' is. I have a plan to connect the axle with the ramp.........</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #108

i wonder what he plan is....

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #109

Platinum Boarder
<p>Patience Theo......</p>
<p>Here an in between picture to show you that the frame of the truck is not straight......nothing I can do about that, as you cannot bend resin.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #110

Platinum Boarder
<p>The two ramps on top of one another. That way I can make the two holes the same size.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Almost there</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #111

Platinum Boarder
<p>I think this is it.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Next thing is using this very strong wire. I got this roll once from someone who had no use for it. I use it all the time for various reasons. My wife uses it to put buttons on coats and such.</p>
<p>It took some time to pull it through the four small holes. I used it 'crossways', that way there is only one connection. Theo's wire will fit through.</p>
<p>
free photo hosting</p>
<p> </p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #112

Platinum Boarder
<p>Now you will get the idea.....</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #113

Platinum Boarder
<p>It seems rather straight.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #114

Platinum Boarder
<p>And in comes Theo for 'act 2'.</p>
<p>Theo gave me this material a while ago. It is binding mateiral, the plastic strips that go around heavy carton boxes. The width is almostthe same as the pathways on the trailer. Also the pattern looks like it.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #115

Platinum Boarder
<p>This might be a bit hard to see, but I cut and glued two of Theo's strips on the ramp, covering the black wires. This is now left to dry.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #116

Platinum Boarder
Your thread idea seems to work well in this instance. The plastic banding is also a great item for the ramp for traction. Most original have some sort of look for that purpose. Seems this build it getting closer to finishing. Do you have the right color paint to do the rear ramp? or do you have another idea?

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #117

Platinum Boarder
I just thought of another way to join the ramp to the truck. Too late now as your done but if you had used one ramp ply to do the wire hinge and then glued the second piece on top of the first you would have also hidden the wires. You could even put slight grooves in both pieces where the wires cross to help hide them inside the two pieces. Just an after thought.

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #118

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim. First of all, sometimes it may seem I am doing something without knowing the final solution, but with these things you always have to think ahead. I know the solution.......</p>
<p>Now, look back at the first ramp, and the parts sticking out, as if they would be the hinges. Not true, I merely left them on because I could clamp on those parts when I would spray the part.  Further, as you can see the stands from one floor to the other are very thin. Therefore a hinge, one part with the ramp, cannot be applied.</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #119

Platinum Boarder
I have about six or seven variations of light blue paint, and I am sure one will fot the colour of the truck. If not,( I haven't tried them yet, but it will highly surpise me when I don't have it) I can always do it in silver or so.

Don't worry, the wires will all be hidden.

Re: ABC Brianza Alfa 1971 2 years, 3 months ago #120

Platinum Boarder
<p>The cord was cut.</p>
<p>
free photo hosting</p>
<p> </p>