Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL

Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #1

<p>A fellow collector/trader whom I did some restos and code 3 for earlier, asked me to find him a Corgi 407 Bantam Karrier Mobile shop in grey. He wanted that for his own collection. So I had to find him a nice priced beater that I could give the Theo-treatment </p>

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #2

This beater was found on Ebay and bought by me, with several other dinky toys

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #3

As you can see, this sad looking toy screamed for a resto.

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #4

Dismantling is easy. I rivet only and the base has a tab on the rear that fits in a slot. The rivet keeps it all together.

The hardest part was removing the window unit and the tin shop interior. I asked Kees for help with a new and correct shop interior, which we swapped at the NAMAC fair

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #5

These are the main parts

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #6

<p>The customer wanted the truck in grey, so I used the primer + a clear coat.</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #7

Ready for assembling

photo hosting

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #8

And the final result. The sticker on the headboard is a bit too large in my opinion.

fotos uploaden

The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Great work & a good idea with lacquering the primer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>Theo, the sticker I put on mine is too big as well. I wonder why that was done, since I made mine at least 5 or more years ago. I cannot imagine that there were never complaints, or that no one ever noticed it. The stranger it is, because the small side stickers are good. The mobile butcher shop front sticker has better proportions.</p>

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
What became of the butcher's shop interior aha!

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #12

I gave it to Kees

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Nice work Theo. Nice to trade with a fellow collector, specially a guy like Kees as he has so many parts. Trades work really well some times. This is a simple resto and the primer with clear over is what I use for Corgi Base Plates. A little off in color but looks good.

I see you are having problems with your stickers. I made my own and did them in White Decal material so the lettering would show. I also cut them to fit the truck. Here is a shot. I still have the CorelDraw file so can make you some if you want. NO cost.
I did not like the ones I bought.
pic upload
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, 143Madness

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
That is what friends are for!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi 407 Mobile shop restoration by RoutemasterNL 2 years, 3 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
The decals were on their way in yesterday's mail. We shall see how long it takes to get to the Netherlands.
  • Page: