Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension

Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>As I was typing, I lost my story, due to the fact I was kicked out spontaniously. I do not like that.......so after log in again I decided to cut the story into smaller parts....</p>
Last Edit: 5 years, 8 months ago by 283258.

Re: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>The Corgi Mini has steel wire suspension, sometimes clamped in the base in two or three places. Also it can be that there is a 'slider' so the middle section of the wire is clamped completely. In this model an overlapping part is attached to the base, and the two wires go underneath it and between the wheel and outside of the base. This system is very weak.</p>

Re: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>It is proven that the downwards force of steel wire weakens when the wire is only held down in one place, and eventually it will bend there.</p>
<p>So here is the solution.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nr 1 is a VHS flat steel spring cut to size. In old VHS tapes there are various shapes of springs, and this one is right for the job.</p>
<p>Nr 2 is the part under which the spring goes. An extra metal part (from an umbrella) was clamped on, to keep the flat spring down.</p>
<p>Nr A and B are upstanding pillars which hold the interior in place.</p>

Re: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>The parts together. Note the old worn out springs.</p>
<p>
afbeeldingen uploaden</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>The screws on both ends will help keeping the spring in place. This is the best suspension ever on a Corgi Mini !</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
afbelding</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, lark6

Re: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Outstanding

Richard k

Re: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>Excellent way of fixing the suspension &amp; a great finish.</p>
Last Edit: 5 years, 8 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Nice car!

Interesting solution you have made there.

It regularly seems household objects or bits of scrap material come in handy for these kind of repair to die cast's.

The original does not look very strong from what I see here.

Re: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks guys, in most Corgi Mini's the suspension only starts half way up or down. This does not cost anything, and is far better than the original.</p>

Re: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Great work and description. Thanks for showing your tips.

Re: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Kees, next time you lose your text, try using the back button. Sometimes your text will still be there. If not Try hitting the Quick Reply button again as sometime the text is there instead. I have recovered some lengthy writings that way.

Re: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jim, sometimes the back button works, but it did not in this case. Whatever, you said it, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. With things like this, you are never sure what you did wrong when you loose your text.
As I said, I just have 'force' myself to place smaller portions of text as I normally do.......

Re: Corgi Mini Mostest suspension 5 years, 8 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
What I do now is if it starts to get long, I copy it before I finish. I then finish, hoping it does not crash, and copy it before I post. Sometimes I have done that after each sentence or two just to be on the safe side. Pictures save to. Just highlight the complete post and copy.
  • Page: