Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dinky 237 Mercedes Benz

Re: Dinky 237 Mercedes Benz 5 years, 11 months ago #16

Hi Lark, yes Rob is from Modelcarparts. True, he doesn't stock these Corgi hubs you want, I just checked his site

Re: Dinky 237 Mercedes Benz 5 years, 11 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Corgi #250 Ferrari Le Mans
imagur

Corgi #245 Buick Riviera

I think that both cars take the same hubs and that they are the Open Spoke Hubs at £0.45 each from Steve Flowers Model Supplies plus Shipping to you from England.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lark6

Re: Dinky 237 Mercedes Benz 5 years, 11 months ago #18

Gold Boarder
<p>Thanks very much for that info! I'm reaching out to Steve Flowers as I write.</p>
<p>I have both the Riviera and the Ferrari in my collection. The Riv is unrestored but I restored the Ferrari several years ago. I'll have to take and post a photo when I have the chance. Thanks again!</p>
Last Edit: 5 years, 11 months ago by lark6.

Re: Dinky 237 Mercedes Benz 5 years, 11 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Just ask if he has those hubs for that car. He will tell you. It does take him some time thought to get back on emails. Sometimes he is good though or one of his employees will let you know.

Re: Dinky 237 Mercedes Benz 5 years, 10 months ago #20

Gold Boarder
<p>I finally got a reply to my message from Steve Flowers. No open spoke hubs in stock. I'll post a want ad in the appropriate section, but in the interim does anyone have any other ideas for sources? Thanks.</p>

Re: Dinky 237 Mercedes Benz 5 years, 10 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
<p>If SF is out of stock, I would try again in a month or 2. He is usually not out of a stock item for very long. Other than that you can try looking on eBay or search Dinky Club for the hubs. www.dinkyclub.ca/corgi-toys-open-spoke-hub-2832-p.asp There is one on the Canadian site so I would think there would some on the UK site as well.</p>
<p>Oops, the list this as being out of stock but you can have them email you when they are back in stock.</p>
Last Edit: 5 years, 10 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Dinky 237 Mercedes Benz 5 years, 10 months ago #22

Gold Boarder
Could you find a cheap "wreck" as a source of spare parts?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Dinky 237 Mercedes Benz 5 years, 10 months ago #23

Gold Boarder
<p>FODENWAY wrote:
Could you find a cheap "wreck" as a source of spare parts?
</p>
<p>Picked up a Corgi 320 Mustang to do the job. Thanks.</p>
  • Page: