Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another French Dinky Toy

Another French Dinky Toy 10 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I have been busy with some customers toys but also some that I acquired through my web site and the other forums I belong to. I received a lot of Pre-war and early post war Dinky toys and most of those I am not touching. The Auto Union Racer Needs a new base plate as the original is gone, if it had one. The early 39f Studebaker Coupe is also missing the base. That I can get a repro of. I also got a bunch of French Dinky Toys is another deal. 36 toys in the first one.  I fully restored Three Sports cars for him needing driver, screen, tires, etc. 22 in the second lot, just pay shipping. The toys I show here are from the second lot. An Austin 254 London Taxi in Green and Yellow and a French Dinky Renault 4L. Both restored as close to original as I can. I have discovered thru my pictures that the A pillars on the taxi are fractured. Perfectly aligned so should be easy to fix.</p>
<p>As purchased, photos from eBay.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>From as received to all in pieces.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Blasted in the glass bead machine and all the way through painting. Assembly next.</p>
<p>
<br />
</p>
<p>Now for the finished car.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Updated photos April 12, 2019</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Nobleco.

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 10 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>The taxi was just as bad</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Nobleco.

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 10 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I still have a couple of touch ups to do on the taxi.

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 10 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
As always, I\'m deeply impressed. I wonder if it would be possible to have you customize a city bus for me some time in the future? If anybody can do it to a high standard, it\'s most certainly you!

I don\'t even have the bus (or buses, could be two) yet, so it won\'t happen anytime soon. What I have in mind was complete repaints in all yellow and adding of custom-made danish ads and logos to match the actual buses of my home town. The final result should look something like this (a MAN Lion\'s City, 2009)

Last Edit: 10 years, 2 months ago by Teebodk.

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 10 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Ahem, forgot the photo!

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 10 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Ah Jim, you\'ve surpassed yourself. The restore on the Renault and Taxi are superb.

I\'ve recently won another beater of the same Taxi that just happens to be this two-tone colour.
Still on layby - and the fella has bought a restaurant so will spend less time on the interweb.

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 10 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Jim--another very nice job....love the taxi.  That is a very nice casting to work with...lots of great detail, and your  color match as always is superb!

Terry

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 10 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
superb jim i like that renault, but the taxi is a stunning peice nice colour match.

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 10 years, 2 months ago #9

Expert Boarder
FANTASTIC restoration..impressive..i love the taxi..masterful paint

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 10 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Thanks all, much appreciated. I have done this taxi before but this is my first two tone. It is a keeper but the others were not mine so went home when finished. Here is the Dark Blue version

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 10 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Teebodk wrote:

Ahem, forgot the photo!
Is that Aarhus?  What about a bendy-bus? Always liked them for some reason.  Not many are in 1:43 or 1:50 scale.

source: http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busselskabet_%C3%85rhus_Sporveje

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 10 years, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Yes, that\'s Aarhus. But that \'bendibus\' is one of the awful Solaris-buses made in Poland. The list of complaints is endless: no legroom, seats too narrow, seats facing backwards, seats facing sideways, seats placed on high \'pedestals\' requiring mountain-climbing skills to reach, destination signs often out of order, very abrupt start and stop, windshield reflections limit the view for the drivers... this has been \'remedied\' by turning the interior lights down to an absolute minimum - as a result, these buses are DARK at night, very dark!

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 10 years, 2 months ago #13

Junior Boarder
Totally amazing, very good restorations.

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 2 years ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Another post I am bringing back by replacing the missing photo bucket pictures from my own files.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re:Another French Dinky Toy 2 years ago #15

Platinum Boarder
I have added in the Green and Yellow Taxi Photos. now.
  • Page: