Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block

Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 10 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here is another one I am selling as I have three of them. My original and another to restore plus this nice restoration. All pics are in my Photo Bucket account. Fairly play worn and with a rusty base, it was time to give this toy new life.</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 12 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 10 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>Next came the dismantling, stripping and primer.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re:Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 10 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>After Painting the body Russet Tan, I did the dark brown panels my hand, no masking.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re:Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 10 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
You really should figure out how to \"sign\" your work.  This is so much better than the original that you should take credit for better paint, better detail than the original!  Perhaps a silver paint pen signature on the bASE?  i
:-)  So IMPRESSIVE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re:Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 10 years, 2 months ago #5

Expert Boarder
couldn\'t find it..did it already sell?

Re:Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 10 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Sorry guys but I am on Pacific time and it is going out this afternoon. It is 3:30pm here now. It, and the other cars should all be out in the next hour and a half.
I have also put up another Corgi 1137 Ford H cab for auction.

Re:Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 10 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
karl wrote:

You really should figure out how to \"sign\" your work.  This is so much better than the original that you should take credit for better paint, better detail than the original!  Perhaps a silver paint pen signature on the bASE?  i
:-)  So IMPRESSIVE.
Thanks so much. I usually stick a decal with my name (diecast toyguy) on the inside of the model. I don\'t like to do anything other than stock on the outside. I have thought of a round decal for the base though so just might start doing that. Thanks for the compliments.

Re:Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 10 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I have also done a Dinky 190 Caravan to match this car. I know the Dodge did not have a cut out for a trailer hitch but I have my original model, badly overpainted and in need of restoration. I am going to cut the base so I can tow a matched caravan behind. Like I did with my Nash Rambler

Re:Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 10 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
They look great. I looked at a Rambler at a fair but it was too rough for £8.  One for my list though.

Frame.

Re:Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 10 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
very nice repaint jim, might have a look at this one and put in a bid.

Re:Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 1 year, 12 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Here is another one I have brought forward. This Dodge Estate Wagon sold on eBay about 8 years ago and I have not idea what it sold for right off the top of my head.
Thanks again to all who commented on my work. It is appreciated.

Re:Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 1 year, 11 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I still have another one of these Estate wagons to do this year. Trying to get it done before the weather warms up too much.

Re:Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 1 year, 11 months ago #13

too warm isn't problematic for me. When it is too cold I can"t use the spray can outside

Re:Dinky 344 Dodge Estate Wagon Resto on the Auction Block 1 year, 11 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
My problem is not spraying as you know, I do that in doors. I usually do restorations all winter and try to have what I want done by the beginning of May. That is when I get outside and do yard work and any repairs or rebuilds from over the winter. This year it is the rear deck needs a new surface but the old one has to come off first. That will take me a few weeks to do. That is why I say before it warms up as that is my cue to stop restorations and get outside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
  • Page: