Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos

Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 10 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thought I would play around with a few of the Hot Wheels I have acquired of late. These are either out of box or duplicates. I have detailed the head and tail light and thought you might like to see. I think I am going to carry on and do some door handles, license plates, turn signals etc and see that I can do. I am also playing with my camera again and trying closer shots not just of the model but closer to the ground level of the toy too. Hope they turned out alright. 1964 Chevrolet Impala, I used to own one of these back in the mid 70\'s, 2 actually, a 2 door Hard Top and a 4 door Sedan<br />Before<br />
After
<br /><br /></p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Nobleco.

Re:Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 10 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>1966 Nova<br />Before</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>After<br />
</p>

Re:Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 10 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>1964 Ford Galaxie<br />Before</p>
<p>
<br />
<br />After</p>
<p>
<br />
<br /><br /><br /></p>

Re:Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 10 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>1973 Ford Falcon XB</p>
<p>Before<br />
<br />
</p>
<p>After</p>
<p>
<br />
</p>

Re:Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 10 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Not sure what year, it does not say but I think \'69 to \'72 will work. Olds 442 Nice car.<br />Before</p>
<p>
<br />
<br /><br />After</p>
<p>
<br />
<br /><br /><br /></p>

Re:Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 10 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I am working on a better backdrop, really.

Re:Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 10 years, 6 months ago #7

This is how it starts. First, a little detail here and there, and the next thing you know, you\'ve got them apart, dremel in hand and it\'s chop, cut, JB Weld and presto, your a HW customizer, addicted to the little monsters and all the possibilities they offer. LOL!!! Nice work Jim, don\'t let the customizing bug bite....

Re:Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 10 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Yes Oldtrucks56 just give Jim a bit of time and presto the customizing bug has become entrenched. Nice jobs and the front lights stand out too. I wonder how some Corgi inspirations would go with diamonds for headlamps and Rubies for taillights.

Re:Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 10 years, 6 months ago #9

They look geat! You just have to find the really small jewels like the model railroad guys used to use, before the micro mini LEDs became the hot ticket.

Re:Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 10 years, 6 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Smallest I have are 2mm and 2.5mm. I also have 3mm, 4mm and 5mm, big corgi like the DB4 Aston Racer

Re:Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 10 years, 6 months ago #11

2mm should work for the headlights on the round light cars. Not sure what to do about the rectangle shaped lights.

Re:Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 10 years, 6 months ago #12

Junior Boarder
Hi,
I actually like your backdrop, Is that a paper model?

Re:Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 10 years, 6 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Yes, I did a google search for diorama buildings and found a few sites that you can download some for free. Most want you to buy a program or a kit.

Re:Customizing Hot Wheels and new Photos 2 years ago #14

Platinum Boarder
I have updated this thread with new photos instead of the Photo Bucket picture of nothing to do with diecast.
Enjoy a blast from the past and I still have all these Hot Wheels I can see most from my desk.
  • Page: