263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
I still have two more 277\'s with the working lights. Maybe I will do one of them in Blood and Custard.

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 6 months ago #17

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Sorry Jim, I have been away for a while taking a course.

That resto looks absolutely stunning and I see you realized a good price for it. It looks like the Dinky version of the Corgi 437 red ambulance. Very nicely done indeed although I have come to expect no less from your work.

Cam 

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 6 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
It is nice to hear you like it Cam, being the ambulance nut that you are. LOL It is appreciated. I hold myself to a high standard and if I am not happy then it goes into the stripper again. Some models are a pain in the you know what. I have a couple of Dinky buses to do and you think I can get the strip on the sides right? No and have done these 2 maybe 3 times now and mucked it up again. Sometimes my detailing abilities go right out the window and other days they are right bang on the money.

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 6 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Jim--
    I have been meaning to tell you that the detailing you did on all of my Dinky\'s was outstanding.  Especially the French Studebaker Commander, with those side scallops.  You managed to very crisply mask off that dividing line and it really came out very nice.  Also, your chrome detailing around the grill and radiator is first rate and very sharp, with  everything very well cut in.
     Terry

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 6 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Terry, I do try my best and some days are better than others.  Yours, like all customers I treat special. Not that all my models are not special but customers come first and they have to be right. All your came out first time. Makes me feel good to pay attention to detail like that and be rewarded with not only a good looking model but  a happy customer too.

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 2 years ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Again brought forward so you can see the pictures of the before, during and after on the 263 Ambulance

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 2 years ago #22

it is good to revive these old topics at some point of time. Always a feat for the eye
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco
  • Page: