263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3

263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I did this plain white ambulance over in Blood and Custard as I thought it would look really good in those colors and I WAS RIGHT. It came out fantastic. Take a look for your self and it is on ebay like most of my own restos are. A little of the before.
</p>
<p>A bit of what was done to this Ambulance is in order.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Now for the finished ambulance.</p>
<p>
<br />
</p>
<p>Cam, You might like this one. Different color scheme than normal. Sold on eBay a long time ago. It was finished off in September of 2010</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RichardoV

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #2

Nice! The colors suit the casting.

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
it accentuates the grille and overall design much better.

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Jim--very nice color combo....I always liked the \"blood and custard\" also! I have an older Dinky Guy van that I was thinking of having you do in this same color........maybe with British Railway Express decals........
Terry

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I have used it a few times on various vehicles I have restored. British rail had a really good eye for color. Here we see a Dinky 150 Rolls Royce Silver Wraith done in Blood and Custard.
Dinky_Rolls_Royce__150_Silver_Wraith_3___10.JPG

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
And another one. Sold them both too. This was my first one and the roof color is ivory instead of the pale cream I use now.  Looks good in either color.
Dinky_Roll_Royce__150_Silver_Wraith_4___7.JPG

Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
that ambulance look stunning jim superb peice of work the colour works very well.

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jay. It is one of my favorite color schemes even if I don\'t do it too often.

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
i remember a ford anglia being painted in this scheme that was a full size car that i see at a classic show and that looked very tidy, i like this scheme of colours it would work for a lot of cars, vans, lorrys or even buses.

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #10

Gold Boarder
Absolutely brilliant Jim.

I have a rolls royce phantom here that i intend to do shortly.And your colours have gave me some inspiration.thanks.

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Glad I could inspire you Kev. The colors look really good on a Rolls. I have thought of doing a Hudson Commodore in these colors and have a matching trailer behind it. That is another nice combo.
Post pictures when you are done the Rolls, I for one would like to see it.
Jim

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
put a bid in... Might get my Pontiac finished up.

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #13

Gold Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
Glad I could inspire you Kev. The colors look really good on a Rolls. I have thought of doing a Hudson Commodore in these colors and have a matching trailer behind it. That is another nice combo.
Post pictures when you are done the Rolls, I for one would like to see it.
Jim

Started it today.I am thinking burgundy and red (maybe).

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Well this one is off to Pennsylvania in the USA. I have 2 more with working lights to do yet but have not decided the color scheme. Hmmm Burgundy and Red? Hmmm, not for me I don\'t think, Red and Stark White would be good with White being the lesser color

Re:263/277 Dinky Criterion Ambulance Code 3 10 years, 7 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
well, win some lose some. Can\'t win everything as I\'m trying to cut down a bit.

I figure the two I do have are good enough.
  • Page: