It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work.

It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #1

Gold Boarder
Hi lads\'n\'lasses
It has been a while since i have been on the forum so thought i would show some of my recent projects before and after.

The first one is a Dinky 264 Royal Canadian mounted Ford fairlane patrol  car.The actual beacon was wrecked so i made one out of a wooden furniyure dowling rod.

The next is a Dinky toys 253 Damler Ambulance.

The next one is a Corgi Ford Thames Walls ice cream van.

Well that is it for today.I have many more projects i have done since last visiting but i will post more piccies soon.All comments,critisism and advice welcome.

Kev

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Excellent!

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hey Kev, nice work on the Canadian RCMP Ford 1963 If i remember right. I had one when I was a teenager. NOT a Cop Car but a Red one with Bright White roof. 2DHT. It had a 351 cu.in. V-8 Cleveland engine in it, big and powerful. I like your idea with the dowel for the top light. Little bit of carving.....presto, paint does wonders, does it not?

I have done a lot of those ambulances in Cream, White and the US/Cdn issue Military.
I have a friend and customer in Australia who has ordered the decal set for the Thames Walls Ice Cream Truck. I will have to get him to join us here. He is reluctant to show his stuff but it is rather good. Some even fantastic.

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #4

Administrator
It seems very trite to just say \"Great!\" but I\'m not sure how else to describe them! Fantastic job!

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #5

Gold Boarder
Thanks for all your comments.It really makes the time and effort seem worthwhile.

Nobleco wrote:
I like your idea with the dowel for the top light. Little bit of carving.....presto, paint does wonders, does it not?

I have done a lot of those ambulances in Cream, White and the US/Cdn issue Military.
I have a friend and customer in Australia who has ordered the decal set for the Thames Walls Ice Cream Truck. I will have to get him to join us here. He is reluctant to show his stuff but it is rather good. Some even fantastic.

Thanks Jim
The idea wasn\'t actually mine but it is very effective and as you can see with a little bit of paint it more than does the job.I have created another video guide on the process.I will post shortly.

As you know i make all my own decals and boxes so it saves me a fortune in the long run.

You will need to persuade him to come across and show his work.

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Very nice resto\'s

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #7

Wood dowels are great for lights, hoses on the side of a fire engine, exhaust pipes, just about anything that is round or cylindrical. They are very easy to shape and I\'ve used them on lots of projects where I couldn\'t find the parts I need. Your restorations are extremely well done. What kind of printer are you using for your decals and boxes?

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #8

Gold Boarder
Thanks OT

The printer i use is a bit antiquated but still does an excellent job.It is an HP Colour laserjet 4500.

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work Updated 01/04/2010 11 years, 8 months ago #9

Gold Boarder
Hiya peeps

Here are another couple i have done recently.

This one was a plain mustang with red stripe but i thought i would turn it into a popart mustang,only i done it in white instead of the normal blue colour.

Before

After

I think the 105 MSV is the most unappreciated model that Dinky produced but i like anything to do with Gerry Anderson.
(needs an ariel)
Before

After.

Dinky Toys Austin Healey 100 Sports still needs a driver though.

Before

After

Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by kev19641964.

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Very nice and I like the Austin Healey in red like that. I have recently done the competition version complete with driver. It is a nice model to work on.

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #11

Gold Boarder
Thanks Jim
I have to agree i prefer it red rather than the competition model.

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
So do I but the customer is always right. Besides he like original toys painted back to origial colors and this was a racer to begin with so.... Just like that horrid pink on the Comp version of the TR-2, Why in heavens did they choose that instead of Brit Racing Green. Much better color IMHO and truer to real life.
But what do you do when the customer whats it pink. Yuck, Pick is of how it was received, so in dire need of a resto but you can see the horrid pink. EEUUUHHHWWW!!! Pugly as Marty would say.
Triumph_TR2_Comp___1.JPG

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Still, the racer does look good in White, just better in red. Should have a female driver for the red version too, don\'t you think???

Austin_Healey_Comp___17.JPG
Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Jim--Nice job on the Healy!  I also agree that some of the original colors that Dinky used were just awful........it would be interesting to know just who or how they were selected in the first place.  I have the Austin Healy in both competition colors...cream and mustard, and also the touring version in red....and the red does look best.  Actually, that model is a very good casting and a very accurate model of that car......a real classic.

Re:It has been a while so thought i would show some of my recent work. 11 years, 8 months ago #15

Gold Boarder
Pink ?? Yukk

Each to their own i suppose.I am also a great believer in keeping original colours but only certain colours.Pink in my opinion would definitely be one for the high road \"lol\".But as you say the customer is always right and you have to abide by thier requests.

This one was originaly red so i decided to keep it that colour.A female driver would suit it better i think.

Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by kev19641964.
  • Page: