Dinky 40H Taxi Restoration for a customer
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dinky 40H Taxi Restoration for a customer

Re:Dinky 40H Taxi Restoration for a customer 1 month, 1 week ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Could have been something living in it found a fossilised spider in one of mine a while back, probably still where it currently resides.

Note that the tyres appear to look like 'new' are they of the dinky fodder?

Re:Dinky 40H Taxi Restoration for a customer 1 month, 1 week ago #17

This car screams for the Jim treatment
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re:Dinky 40H Taxi Restoration for a customer 1 month, 1 week ago #18

Platinum Boarder
As far as I can tell these are replacement tires, not original as they are too shiny and soft. They are a bit wider than the ones I sell from Steve or Rob but they will work.

Re:Dinky 40H Taxi Restoration for a customer 1 month, 1 week ago #19

Platinum Boarder
I restored my yellow one a few years back, i look forwards to seeing this one's new lease of life

Re:Dinky 40H Taxi Restoration for a customer 1 month, 1 week ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Strangest thing. I just sat down at my desk and the tire I took off the taxi to compare to the ones I sell was sitting there. Just where I put it last night. I took the taxi off the top shelf of my desk and was going to put it back on the taxi when I noticed that it was missing both front tires, not just one. I have searched my office pretty much everywhere but the garbage can and recycle bin. I can't find it anywhere.

This is not the first time either. Last order I got from SF in February one of the small 12mm tires from my order went away. I have no idea where they go. I don't remember but taking off one tire on the taxi. I have not found the 12mm tire and I can not find this one either.
This happens infrequently but is annoying when it does.
Anyone Else have parts disappear???

Re:Dinky 40H Taxi Restoration for a customer 1 month, 1 week ago #21

well, when I polish a hub, it sometimes jumps out of my hands. I do the polishing in my shed with a nylon brush in the drill. And when it falls behind my workbench, I can only retrieve it when I clear out everything under my bench. So in fact I know where it is (or should I say where they are ) but just can't get to them easily.

Re:Dinky 40H Taxi Restoration for a customer 1 month ago #22

Platinum Boarder
That can be a problem if you know where but can't get there easily. Maybe a piece of card board along the bench and up the wall. Only need to be 2" on both surfaces and then just staple it to the bench and wall or use tape. Problem solved of not losing them behind the bench. Now you need to get cleaning out from underneath and collect all the hubs you lost since I visited in2016 when it looked pretty organized. LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re:Dinky 40H Taxi Restoration for a customer 1 week, 2 days ago #23

Platinum Boarder
A few days ago I was getting something off the top shelf on my desk and guess what was underneath the Dinky toys van next to the taxi, yep, the other tire I lost. I have no idea how it got there unless I was having a temporary laps of memory moment.

Re:Dinky 40H Taxi Restoration for a customer 1 week, 2 days ago #24

• Page: