Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Jim--Again, very nice work and great detailing.  How about one more picture showing the whole rig as a unit??  Thanks for sharing another nice project!
Terry

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Terry. I am just waiting for decals to arrive so I can finish up the truck. Then I will post the final pictures.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years ago #33

Platinum Boarder
Heya Jim, thought long and hard about this... I think I\'ll send my pallet truck up to you to restore (not this batch though), I\'m waiting for a trailer to arrive I won recently, which is similar to your restore and code3.

The market has changed as good restores fetch more than scruffy originals.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Sounds good to me. I like that van. I don\'t know about the mechanism inside but I am sure I can figure it out. Thanks for your help with the Corgi Man From Uncle, by the way.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years ago #35

Platinum Boarder
no worries mate.

Sometimes all you need is another set of eyes.

I think I\'ll send you one of my nightmare models. The Joe90 car. Still needs a couple of things, and would love to see it work. Its just a nightmare to put back together (a lot of people have this problem).

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 9 years, 11 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Well, the decals finally arrived from my supplier yesterday. I applied them this late morning. Wouldn't you know it, one of the side decals "Dinky Toys" folded over the top and stuck to itself and I could not get it apart. I tried for over half an hour in water and out. It was hopeless. In the end it broke and I had to use another set. Well it is done now and I have pictures to show. Off to have dinner at the moment so here is one to tantalize.

And we continue.

Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 9 years, 11 months ago #37

That\'s a keeper! Excellent job Jim.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 9 years, 11 months ago #38

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Very nicely done indeed Jim.

Cam 

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 9 years, 11 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Rob. I have been waiting for almost 2 months for the decals to arrive so I could finish up. Done now and I am very happy with it and I am sure the owner will be too. I guess the base for the truck box and the spare tire fitment were the hardest parts of this restoration/Code3

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 9 years, 11 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
nice job on the truck and trailer.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 9 years, 11 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Richard. All in all it was a fun project and not all that hard once I figured what I had to do. Just took so long to get the decals to finish it.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 9 years, 11 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
I\'m waiting for a trailer to arrive I won (you can see it in the photo on another post). Also got a couple of forklifts coming. Would make a great set if you wouldn\'t mind tackling a similar Pallet Jekta project. My truck has the working mechanism.

Not for a while yet though.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 9 years, 11 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
I would love to, Richard, but as you say, lets wait a couple of months. I am so backed up with project right now it is crazy here. You have 5, Terry from the site here has 7 here, I have Jose to finish up, about 12 and then there is Ross and Dave, both with 4 left to do and lets not forget Murray. He is the guy I did the detachable axles for and I have 8 of his Ford H cab Corgi toys here to finish up. It is not a hard model to do just very large. The problem with Jan\'s jecta was the base. He had no interior parts for his and he tried to make a base for it. I tried to use his base but could not make it work. I made my own out of tin. Worked quite well and even has the holes for the rear door pins to go into to keep them shut.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 2 years, 6 months ago #44

Platinum Boarder
Seven years and 4 months later I post to say Photo Bucket is taking my pictures away. I am replacing them so if you want to follow me, it will be happening as I can find the time. I have done the first pages first few posts. The pictures are much larger and clearer so should be easier to see what I am talking about. This was an extensive Code 3 build and was a lot of fun but challenging at the same time. Enjoy the re-visit.
Jim

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 2 years, 6 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
This post is now complete with all the original pictures. I have 104 pictures total so if there is any shot you may want to see, I just may have it.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Nobleco.