Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 5 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
I think I may make this one a sticky too as it is a good reference for adapting to missing parts on a model. Here are the next few pictures of the build as it is progressing. The paint is now done, touch ups in progress and there is a minimal of detailing. Just headlights actually. NO moving parts but now have to make the base plates fit and look real.

Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 5 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Here is a mock up of the painted Van and Trailer.

Won't be long now, I hope.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 5 months ago #18

Gold Boarder
Looking excellent as always so far Jim.Keep up the good work and can\'t wait to see the finished results.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 5 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Well progress has been made and a few changes have occurred. There are another 20 pictures to show and describe so I better get started. Here we have the dilemma of door not fitting so have to file to make fit. Holes for the hinge pins have to be enlarged and cleared of paint.

A fitting to see how things are shaping up.

Lest see how that base for the box is coming along.

Not bad so far but.....

Trying to figure out the door latches with an add on piece but not sure....

Hubs are painted and tires ready to go.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 5 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Okay now on to the next steps. I have finished up the trailer and installed the axles, wheels and tires. Canopy is just waiting Meccano Decals.

Of course, painted on the inside too.

Under carriage all one color on this toy.

Side by each and listening to "Yes" the band, I get up I get down, 14 mins into the song that is about 45 mins long. LOL,. it is perfect music for this toy and will have to do a you tube thingy on it. If I can figure it out. HEY RICHARD,YOU DO VIDEOS, WANT TO DO ONE FOR ME ON THIS TOY??????????? NEEDS THE MUCIC I AM HEARING NOW OR IT WON\'T WORK FOR ME. lol

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 5 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
I had a problem with the base plate for the van from the start. I was not happy with it. Now that it is coming to near finishing time, I looked it over again and it is not right. I have made a new one. I think closer to the original.

Top is my new one, bottom is the one provided by my client.

Top side, trying to make the door catches work. Also the base needs to overlap the back of the van body in order to hold it all in place.

Base on the Truck and thinking about the hitch and maybe a spare tyre????

Seems to fit the box well too. Still working on making a hitch and spare work but think I have it worked out.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 5 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Okay, I seem to have the parts to make the spare tyre and tow hook work together on this model even thought it never came with either. Here we go....

I have the door hinge pins in place, crimped as best as I can until I get a better tool. The parts are all laid out for the Spare tire and tow hook assembly.

This is the first step in the assembly, clamping the base plate to the body of the cab. Two square nuts and some broken tow hook flats, the flat washer, slightly dished and the nut to lock it all in place.

Here it is up right, no wheels on the chassis yet but you get the idea. Tyre mount and tow hook will work and not interfere with the rear doors opening and closing.

Above, a view from the underside.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 5 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
I have given the base a first coat of paint on both sides but it will need another coat. Stay tuned for more. I am off for Spaghetti Dinner. YuMmY

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 5 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
youtube only allows 10 minutes and you\'ll have to give me more details of the song and which part gets your head bopping... LOL

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 5 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Very interesting and also very nice work!  It is great to see the progress and how you handle each issue as they come up.  I think it is fun to see some of the Dinky\'s recreated into other forms, and you do it very well!  For those of us who haven\'t ventured into restoring Dinky\'s, this is inspirational!

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 5 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Dinkyfan, your comments are appreciated. I do enjoy the occasional \"fantasy Build\" from time to time. This is for a friend and client in the next  province over here in Canada, Alberta. I have done another one for him and it is also posted here on TC (Toy Collector, now Planet Diecast).  The Car Transporter and trailer in White, Yellow and Blue, That was a challenge. There are a couple more of my builds I have highlighted at the start of this catagory. I have been remiss and should be including a few other builds by other members too. Time is the problem.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 5 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
RVREVO wrote:
youtube only allows 10 minutes and you\'ll have to give me more details of the song and which part gets your head bopping... LOL

I will talk to you tomorrow morning about this, just remind me as I am tired and it is getting late for this old fart...oops, did I say that. Sorry.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 5 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Looks good. I await the video

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 2 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
I don't know if the video will get done, Jim but I will try. Just thought I would bring this up to date a little as the decals should be here next week, I hope. Here is the base plate I had to make to fit to the van properly. I don't think I showed much beyond the first unpainted one.

This may be going over it again but here is the one my customer used, I mock up the proper tab for the rear connection to the box and then make my own base. Mine is the unpainted one.

Here I make sure it fits the truck chassis.

After making sure it fit correctly I painted it and started on the mechanics on the spare tire holder and tow hook combination for the rear. Has to be low enough to clear the doors when they open and keep the tow arm looking right.This is the look you want to achieve when the wheels and tires are on.

Re:Dinky 930 Pallet Jekta Van with Trailer Code 3 Project 10 years, 2 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Next is the finished trailer complete with new tires and a new decal set. It looks sweet and fits the van just great. Nice idea Jan, my customer, had.