Ferrari pushbike Slot Car
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ferrari pushbike Slot Car

Ferrari pushbike Slot Car 1 year, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>A friend came around yesterday, and he is a clever guy. He never asks instantly if I can repair something, but first he comes up with a present of some sort. This time he gave my wife a very nice handbag.</p>
<p>I have to tell you in between he and his wife are volunteers with the 'give away shop'.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Ferrari pushbike Slot Car 1 year, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
You can take things you no longer need to the give away shop. Once every month or so the shop (they actually are given a space, so it is not a real 'shop') is open, and everyone who NEEDS something can look for it. It is strongly advised not to take anything with the purpose of selling it again. You do not have to pay, but you can put an euro or so in a saving-pot, for a coffee or so for the volunteers.
This way things get a second life and everyone is happy.

Re: Ferrari pushbike Slot Car 1 year, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, after he gave the bag to my wife he gave me this box with a building kit. I will come to that later in a different thread.</p>
<p>Then he showed me this slot car.</p>
<p>
free photo hosting</p>

Re: Ferrari pushbike Slot Car 1 year, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Bear in mind slot cars are not my field.</p>
<p>It is a plastic Formula 1 Ferrari from the 50's, and one tyre is missing. My friend asked me if I had a tyre, so I searched, and could not find the right one instantly.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Ferrari pushbike Slot Car 1 year, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>As some of you know I always want to take things a step further. I thought the model shouls have two exhausts, so one seemed missing. As I googled the model, indeed it has two exhausts. So, what to do. First I tried to take the exhaust off, no luck. I then opened the model. This was easy, as it has two screws underneath.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Ferrari pushbike Slot Car 1 year, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>In the mean time I found two tyres of the same type which fit, but they are smaller than the originals. So the big ones in the rear, the smaller ones in the front.</p>
<p>As you can see the original has cracks anyway, so it was not in good condition.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Ferrari pushbike Slot Car 1 year, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>The original exhaust is metal, and I think chromed. As you can see it is held inside the model by a thicker end part.</p>
<p>So, I searched my spares, and came up with this: spokes from an old pushbike wheel.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Ferrari pushbike Slot Car 1 year, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>So I made one new exhaust. Thing is, when you need a pair (like the front windows in the Alfa truck-see other thread), you are better off making TWO new ones. So I made two.</p>
<p>In this picture the upper one is original.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Ferrari pushbike Slot Car 1 year, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>And in this picture both new exhausts. The upper one is sandpapered.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Ferrari pushbike Slot Car 1 year, 6 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>As you can see the front part of the exhausts is secured by the thicker endings, which will be between the upper shell and lower half. In the rear they go through a ring, which is originally a separate part, but welded on to the inside of the shell.</p>
<p>Once the exhausts were placed, chrome ending parts were glued on.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Ferrari pushbike Slot Car 1 year, 6 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hmm, the front decal was damaged. Found a pot of paint which came close.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Ferrari pushbike Slot Car 1 year, 6 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
<p>Finished and left to dry. Now then, my friend only wanted a new tyre. Or did he want me to.......no, I just did it till it was complete again.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
jpg afbeelding</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Ferrari pushbike Slot Car 1 year, 6 months ago #13

you brought the racer back to life and it is ready for more miles on the track. The smaller tires fit well!
  • Page: