I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 9 months ago #61

Platinum Boarder
Your all probably wondering what the gears look like. I do not have them here yet but have a photo of them. They look great and can't wait to get my hands on them.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 4 months ago #62

Platinum Boarder
Still no gears and there probably won't be. Scammed again.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 4 months ago #63

Platinum Boarder
It's a real shame Jim, those gears look really well cast.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 4 months ago #64

Platinum Boarder
Am I missing something here or is it just old age?

As most on here are aware I have been searching for the Holy Grail of cogs for a number of years .

The picture of the cogs (the white Ones ) are these genuine, I suppose they must be so what is the problem of manufacturing them

I certainly could do with five sets

the ones that i had made in Macedonia were too flimsy and shredded as soon as i tried to use them

Oh well onwards and upwards have to try other avenues

Chris

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 4 months ago #65

Platinum Boarder
Unfortunatley, the site where this all started has seen fit to remove the whole conversation on these gears. I can't even find the write up that one of the members did after receiveing the gears in the picture above. I have washed my hands of it all as it has been almost 2 years since this started. The first set I had made by a fellow forum Member (not on this forum anymore) took about a year to get a set to me after losing 10 sets and my original in the mail, supposedly. The next year was spent with another forum member who was making parts, from time to time, and did the research into have these gears made for him. That was supposed to have happened. I paid for 20 sets of three gears each plus a number of other parts he makes for the Space 1999 freighter that are not available anywhere else. One set of gears went to a forum member who had sent a sample set of gears to this guy so the manufacturer could copy them. Then, all of a sudden, this guy gets sick or has an accident and is in the hospital and has been there ever since. That was last March or April , I think. I have emailed and emailed him and his partner and also quired the site he belongs to and I keep getting the run around. He is in the hospital and has had 2 operations but I have no idea what they were for or how serious the injuries are. To top that off, his partner can not get to the package for me that he left on his work desk just before this accident happened. He/She will not be let into his office to retrieve the package and I find that hard to believe. Like I said, a run around for along time now. I have one gear the first idiot made for me that I am putting on the 666 Missile carrier for him so it atleast looks complete. It will not work though as it is way to soft.

I just wish that people would do what they say they will instead of leading people on for almost a year in the case of the second person and a year for the first. Very frustrating to say the least and one of the contributing factors to me for getting out of restoration business. The other reason is people want me to make Dinky and Cogi toys exaclty the way there were done in the factory. No signs of it being a repro. So you know what they want to do, sell them off as originals. I refuse and the the language starts and the accusations and the Junk about if you restore then you should do it the way the customer wants. I say no, my work will not be sold as an original and almost all have decal of mine on the inside. Base plates are too shiny, rivets are close but look too new and my detail lines for two tones are way straighter than the originals. You can see the overspray from them masking on the originals but not on mine.

Enough said, You can look on the link below for most of the write up on the mess this has become. Like I said earlier, I wash my hands of it and the site it started on, Diecast Restorations as they have removed all threads pertaining to this incedent.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 3 months ago #66

Platinum Boarder
Well, I have put a gear on the missile carrier and it does help it out but not by much and will probably wear out fast if used as a toy. Will look good on display and the owner has a special place for it along with a few other toys. With out further adue, here is what I ended up returning to the owner for free, postage free as well.

The gear on the right is the replacement.

Looks good and will work for the owner.
And the set as returned to the owner.

Still no word from the guy making the metal gears on the other site or by email.
Last Edit: 10 years, 3 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 3 months ago #67

Platinum Boarder
Looks good Jim and it must be a relief to finally put this sorry episode behind you. I assume the owner would only use it for display and therefore must be happy with the outcome.

I, along with a lot of other people, am only sorry for the effect it has had on you.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 3 months ago #68

Platinum Boarder
Oh, you don't know the half of it. This is not the only or even the main reason I got out of restorations. How would you feel, after doing over $1000.00 and more worth of business and only about 10% even had the courtesy to say they got the toys, let alone if they liked them or not. Even after I decided to not restore anymore and sent toys back to my customers, they did not even acknowlede that they received the toys back. Some of whom had been coming to me for a couple years and more, I paid for the return postage, insured and tracked for most of them. I know they received them but an acknowledgement of receipt would be the least I guy should expect. I did not get that, so that just tells me I made the correct decision to stop doing restorations for customers.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 2 months ago #69

Platinum Boarder
I totally agree with you Jim on acknowledgement by email thankyou.

It is not hard to do. Actually when I purchase or win anything on eBay. I always advise the seller that I will email them when item arrives in the post then I will leave feedback for them. In most cases the seller responds to my email sent after receiving the toy or item thanking them, including the date of arrival.

I would say at least 90% of them send me a email thanking me for the acknowledgement email. Terrific they then leave feed back for me if they haven't done so.

I am afraid there are those who couldn't care less, as they never take the time to leave feedback as well.

Then again that is life I suppose. Anyway the Dinky Corporal Erector is working again thanks to you Jim for your patience and dedication.

My question is did you have much trouble dis assembling the axles that retain the two drive sprocket in place. Then the assembling of the same axle drive.

Thanking you kindly James.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 2 months ago #70

Platinum Boarder
Dinky Erector mechanism.

Dinky alongside big brother Corgi Corporal Erector.

The Corgi needs a bit of maintenance.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 2 months ago #71

Platinum Boarder
James, There is only one axle end to take off and the whole back end comes apart. It is also easy to put back together as the winder has a gear at the left side that is larger that the shaft and you can put that on a hard surface and tap the other end without bending the winder handle. Take a look at your and you will see what I mean.
Below you can see the axle end that has to be deburred to remove it. It also shows the good gear I sent to scruffyhippo to have reproduced that he says got lost in the Mail.

Below you can see the wider end of the gear on the winder shaft. Place that on a metal surface and tap the other end shown in the photo above.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 2 months ago #72

Platinum Boarder
Thank you Jim for those instructions and now I know how to go about disassembling the elevation gearing.

As my Dinky Erector is working fine and is not sloppy in its winding up and down. I'll leave it as is. At the moment I am fixing up the rocket as it was smashed in half. But it will do for a static none firing type for evermore.

I'll concentrate on the Corgi

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 2 months ago #73

Platinum Boarder
Glad I could help out. The Corgi should look good when your finished with it.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 2 months ago #74

Platinum Boarder
Jim turned out great.

Common courtesy is missing these days, so too politeness.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 10 years, 2 months ago #75

Platinum Boarder
Not sure what the owner thinks of it. He has received it as I tracked it and he got it on Jan 14 and I mailed it on the 6th. He said he would let me know it arrived and even had a special shelf to display it on with a few other models. Sure wish people would do what they say they would I sent back stuff to four other customers too and have only heard back from one guy in San Francisco. I guess 1 out of 5 is all I get these day. No wonder I stopped doing restos when nobody appreciates it. At least it would seem that way.