I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 10 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Well, I am hoping against hope for both of us Cam.
I can not speak to power outages and computer failure or health or life issues but I do know he is posting on another site and that he has had time to do restorations for contests on that site. He lives in Essex but I won't say where just yet. Don't know if they have had any weather issues of late. Anybody live over there East of London. According to Google Earth he is about 35 miles from Downtown London. NorthEast of Basildon.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 10 months ago #17

I know, have traded with him too I think it was January 2012. 

Shall I send him an email Jim, I have al his contact details too

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 10 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Ah well, if he's still active on another site, then I think you have every right to name and shame - and do it on that other site too !!

Dave

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 10 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
I am getting very close and it is two other sites I belong to that have him as a member besides here. Diecast Restoration and Diecast Recovery.  Some of you here are also members and will know him and maybe even be surprised at who it actually is. The time is coming as He has said he mailed them off to me on March 4 so I will give him the benifit of the doubt and wait until this week is up.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 10 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
I have heard back from him and they are supposedly on their way back to me.
Cam, you had better check with him soon I would think. Check out
essexmodelsandminiatures.co.uk/blog/#sthash.yC0HDSuL.dpuf
as I belive that is his and you may see your parts there. Member of Diecast Rescue and Diecast Restoration sites and I believe you are a member of at least one of them. He contacted me via my email though not through one of the sites. Says they were a real pain, now, and that he won't be doing more. Wonder how many I will get.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 10 months ago #21

Cam

Platinum Boarder
I have been in touch with the gentleman and he is sending my parts back to me. Jim, I have sent you an email with other information.

Cam

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 10 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Yes, I got that email, thanks Cam. Sure hope he is true to his word this time as he said he mailed on the 4th of this month. I just got my order from not that far away from him, largish box, was mailed on the 15th and arrived yesterday. Only 5 days so.....and I still have no letter from him. I got a letter from the UK mailed the same day and it arrived today.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 10 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Another week has come and gone with the promise of the gears and Cam's parts being put in the mail. Here we go again, lip service. If I was over there I would be dropping in on this guy. I will be naming and shaming him come next week as I don't care how you mailed it, it has not arrived and from the beginning of March to today is plenty time to get an envelope or a package from eastern England to Western Canada. My supplier does it every month for me and it only takes 7 to 12 days max, even with holidays in the mix. I do notice that he has not been on site now for 4 months now and another site it has been about 10 months. The third site he seems to be a regular. Name and shame him there too but it will be removed by the owners and mods almost as soon as I do. I have been warned and will probably be banned for it but People must know of this guy and be warned.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 10 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
UpDate:
There is now a third person who is also waiting for parts to be cast by this same person. Not just Cam and I. We both belong to another site in England (I am not mentioning names yet) but the owner has contacted me about this guy and says he will be taking steps to find out what has happened or what is happening. Cam, you know the site I mean.
The guy is a member of a few sites but this site I talk of, he is a Moderator there. Shame on him for all of this.
I know there are a few of you out there who are following this thread and I hope for some answers soon.
Easter Weekend so have to wait for another week to see.
Happy Easter everyone, enjoy the weekend as it is very sunny and unusually warm here now.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 10 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Cam, just sent you a PM.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 9 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Well, here we are, couple days after Easter and I still have nothing from this guy. If he mailed me my gears on the 18th of March, like he said he did, and I also have that comfirmed by the Owner of another site who also has parts with this guy, how come I can get 2 boxes of parts and paints from right around the corner from him. Yesterday my order arrived and it was mailed on March 27, 2013.
I am getting very frustrated and if I have nothing by this Friday, I will be naming names and calling him out on all the sites I know he is on. People should know about this scammer.
Cam, Do you have anything Yet? I doubt it.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 9 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Getting ticked off by the minute here. Latest is the letter I just wrote him

I have just received a couple parcels sent from the UK on the 27th of March. You say you sent my gears back to me on the 18th of March. WHY do I NOT have them. You have done nothing but lie to myself, Cam and now ****** on another Forum who also has parts with you. Why would you lie about this in the first place. If you could not do it, you should have said so. You keep telling me that they are in the mail but I am not believing you now at all. Call me gullible, fine, but I trusted you to be a man of your words but I guess your not at all like that as you have scammed me and a couple friends.
I guess your going to say they got lost in the mail again??? That does not wash with me. I have never heard of so many things being lost in the mail, ever, but it seems everything you mail is lost.
Answer me and tell me honestly what your going to do about this. I think you have some explaining to do and you had better go and buy this Missile launcher and take it apart and send me the gears from it so I can fix my customers Launcher for him.
I trusted you, Guess I was Very wrong.
Jim
I know where you live and I know the sites you belong to.

Might get a reaction, might not but I will update if I do.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 9 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Well, I did get a responce.

"Package was sent 23 March at 11;55, airmail postal receipt No, 5-466106"
and my mailing address.

Sure hope he has mailed them. It should be here today or tomorrow if the mail goes right.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 9 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
Well, blow me away. I actually received something in the mail today from our member who was to do the parts for me. I am not sure what he has sent me but they do look sort of like gears. I will get some pictures to show shortly.

Re: I have been waiting for over a year for my parts to come back from an English Member. 7 years, 9 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Not very impressed with these. You can see the hole right though the middle one. This is the gear face and the small gear is to lift the missile. See the bottom Photo.

This is that back sice and there is a lot of clean up to do and there was supposed to be a hole cast into the gear on this side. I guess he forgot.

Below is how they line up

You can see here how the small gear is worn out but being too small and soft for the job.

I just hope I can get them to work now.