Passion for ordinary streetcars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: Passion for ordinary streetcars

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 11 months ago #76

Platinum Boarder
found it. Minichamps, 1966 Opel Rekord.

my Dad owned a 1974 last off the line model exactly like this two-door sedan until 1977 (we emigrated to NZ that year).

Richard K

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 11 months ago #77

Platinum Boarder
Present owners of Neo, Model Car World, have a huge selection of models on eBay, often at reduced prices - there's both the main branch in Germany and a smaller one in the UK (with reduced selection)

The other special customer of Neo, Modelissimo is also a german dealer, and they too have a vast number of models for sale on eBay. I find that they tend to be slightly cheaper than Model Car World on most occasions.

For the very best deals on Neo, though, it's a third german dealer that takes the prize. It goes by the name of Merge Left and they always have a (albeit limited) selection of Neo at very low fixed prices (down to just under £20) as well as some auctions where you can really hit the jackpot, especially if you're looking for semi-modern japanese cars like Nissan Laurel, Mazda 323F, Mazda 626, Mazda 929, Mitsubishi Sapporo and Galant, Toyota etc. - these can sometimes be won for less than £15... and that's for a premium quality resin model. That sum will normally not even get you a standard partworks model!

They also have several of the US cars from the mid 70s and 80s, but for these you can expect to pay somewhere in the region £25-35, which is stil a LOT less than normal retail price.

I've bought a bunch of nice street cars from them, mostly japanese, but also some obscure german ones like Lloyd, Borgward and Hansa.

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 11 months ago #78

Platinum Boarder
Hello Richard. Yes they are good and I might seek one of those muscle car versions from the past to add into my collection.

I have a question did Neo produce the early Land Rover vehicles. I had a bit of a look around and could not find any evidence they did.

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 11 months ago #79

Platinum Boarder
corgi has some early land rovers from their Vanguard range

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 11 months ago #80

Platinum Boarder
Here's a couple of extremely ordinary streetcars that you normally never find as models. Both are recent purchases.

Above: 2004 Hyundai Atos Prime from PremiumX, cat# PRD430
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 11 months ago #81

Platinum Boarder
2013 Mazda 6 (Atenza) from PremiumX, cat# PRD404

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 11 months ago #82

Platinum Boarder
Hyundais in scale 1/43 are extremely rare. You can get lots of models, but 99% of them are primarily made for the Korean market and that market doesn't really seem to care about scale, so the models are usually made in scales ranging from 1/34 to 1/38 and some don't even bother to mention the scale. Some are high quality (including a quite a few official dealership models), while others are clearly intended as toys... so-called "pull-back engines" are common, as are opening doors with big gaps around the shutlines.

Mazda is slightly different, but not much better when it comes to models available. You can get some of the really old models (1966 and older) from brands like Ebbro, some 80s models from Neo + Sapi Models (for japanese market only) and some early 2000s models from J-Collection, but for example, very little from the period between 1966 and 1982, and again from 1987 to 1999, and 2007+
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, 143Madness

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 11 months ago #83

Platinum Boarder
My previous car was a silver Toyota Vitz. It served me well for four years.and it also marks the first time i actual found the exact model i owned in toy form.

Richard k 

Last Edit: 3 years, 11 months ago by RVREVO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 5 months ago #84

Junior Boarder
This post some big cars from my collection:

Opel Diplomat B Lang Vogt 1974 Matrix Scale Models
Opel Diplomat 5.4 Fissore cabrio 1971 Matrix Scale Models

Mercury Monterey Sun Valley 1954 Neo Scale Models
Mercury Cougar 1971 American Excellence

Chevrolet Bel Air HT Convertible 1958 American Excellence
Chevrolet Camaro LT 1978 Neo Scale Models

Hundreds of cars on my site: straatauto.weebly.com
Would be nice to read your reactions in the Guestbook there
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 5 months ago #85

Platinum Boarder
Always so beautiful. Really like your pictures!

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 5 months ago #86

Platinum Boarder
These are great looking photos and the cars are classics for sure. What scale are these? 1/24 or 1/18? I have one large scale 1953 Chevy Bel Aire at 1/18 scale but have no room for a collection of them. Would be nice though.

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 5 months ago #87

Junior Boarder
Hi NOBLECO,
Thanks for your reaction.Nót 1:24 and nót 1:18.....
My scale models are all 1:43
This scale needs not too much room!
Have a look at my site: www.straatauto.weebly.com
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Straatauto.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 5 months ago #88

Platinum Boarder
Neo Matrix Kess GLM BoS TSM are all very detailed resin models in 1/43.  So detailed that they look like they are larger scale!!!

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 5 months ago #89

Platinum Boarder
That is why I thought they were larger scale.
Nice detail for sure and I also collect 1:43 but old Dinky and Corgi mostly.

Re: Passion for ordinary streetcars 3 years, 5 months ago #90

Platinum Boarder
Terrific collection