50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #91

Platinum Boarder
Then mine is worth double of that one in the box.

At least mine has a one off homemade window.

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #92

Platinum Boarder
I don't think this is very expensive but too much for my meagre budget

An original Hot Wheels Red Line shop display sold for about $21,000 US but don't worry if you missed out there are another couple still for sale.

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #93

Platinum Boarder
This must top them all... no photo and yet we have to believe this is for real???

US$499,999.00 for a Hot Wheels 2011 #/244 HW Green Lantern Box Art

www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Wheels-2011-244-HW-...;hash=item3cc2b6cef0

yeah right... oh and there are 10 available in many colours...
Last Edit: 8 years, 3 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #94

Platinum Boarder
How about the second one on the ebay list...

US$100,000.00 (100 Grand) Ships only to the US eight Code3 Hotwheels cars.

Custom made "One-of-a-Kind" Hotwheels Cars Unique Collector's Collectible Items

www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-made-One-of-a-Ki...;hash=item3efd850273

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #95

Platinum Boarder
Third one on the rich list is most likely genuine. Although I'm not sure if the 'real' Nascar racecar is included... probably not.

Tops out a US$67,000 for 500 total small scale Nascars.

Complete Tony Stewart collection 500+ cars plus much more definitely 1 of a kind

www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Tony-Stewart-c...;hash=item3f0c73445b

has 11 offers...

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #96

Platinum Boarder
The fourth one looks very familiar with the stacking system.

3000+ Police cars by Roadchamps... and only asking US$32,225.00 for them.

so that calculates the little critters to US$10.47 per car. That's a tidy profit.

GEARBOX-ROADCHAMPS POLICE CARS-OVER 3000 UNITS

www.ebay.com/itm/GEARBOX-ROADCHAMPS-POLI...;hash=item564d6dc54c

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #97

Platinum Boarder
Another what looks like a collection from an estate.

Special Diecast Vintage Car Collection
19 Makes and 186 Models Plus 3 Biege Cases shown on pic

And you really should check out the photos of this collection.

Asking price is a whopping US$21,500 and I personally believe this is very low.

www.ebay.com/itm/Special-Diecast-Vintage...;hash=item3a73d7c321

This is an awesome collection

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #98

Platinum Boarder
Its a small world, the cars in the last post are in my home town.

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #99

Platinum Boarder
Looks like they are all 1/18 scale, or there-abouts.  Not a collector who wrote the ad, for sure!  But you can stop by, Tomte, and make an offer! 

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #100

Platinum Boarder
RVREVO wrote:
How about the second one on the ebay list...

US$100,000.00 (100 Grand) Ships only to the US eight Code3 Hotwheels cars.

Custom made "One-of-a-Kind" Hotwheels Cars Unique Collector's Collectible Items

www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-made-One-of-a-Ki...;hash=item3efd850273

There are 150 cars in this collection That makes them only $666.66 each.

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #101

Platinum Boarder
Some people really have not got a clue. Who would really spend that much cash of those as in the title which should be ridiculous priced ebay listings.

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #102

Platinum Boarder
What I reallty don't understand is when large lots of very costly models are being sold together. Is it laziness?

Let's say you have 10 €500 models that you want to sell. €500 is a lot of money and too much for many, but to a dedicated collector, looking for this exact model it should be just about possible... just! But if the seller insists on selling it together with 9 other models of similar value, offering no rebate, not only will the price be out of reach for all but a very, very few, he's also asking these few remaining potential buyers to buy 10 cars in order to get the one they want!

On danish QXL there's currently a seller trying to do something like this, although on a smaller scale. He's offering 3 almost identical Tekno NL trucks in one lot and at a very high price. Needless to say, nobody bought it in the first round, so now it's been relisted!

It just doesn't make sense. I'm pretty sure that if he split them up, he would be able to sell at least one, if not all of them, but nobody wants to spend a fortune on 3 almost identical and very expensive trucks.

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #103

Platinum Boarder
I agree with you on this TEE. I does not make much sence to sell them as a lot when they are so expensive as single items. Cheap items usually go in lots just so you can sell them off and then you should have one good harder to find one in there to intice the customer

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #104

Platinum Boarder
Yes, I agree with you that cheap items are good in lots. You said it on the current Matcbox thread (about MOYs): shipping is the killer! Nobody wants to buy a $0.99 model and then pay $5 for shipping. The answer is either to sell as a lot, spreading the costs to several models, or to have a wide selection of other items for sale, giving the opportunity for savings on combined shipping.

On the other hand, even a low-cost lot is not entirely uncomplicated: I've seen several examples where you have one or two interesting models (like Corgi or Dinky) thrown in together with 25-30 badly playworn cheap Hong Kong toys only a couple of years old. I know you can always ask the seller to just ship the 1-2 good ones and discard of the rest, but... will he agree? Maybe a bit of profit was calculated into the shipping costs and he'll refuse.

A good lot, to me, comprises of models that basically appeal to one taste/pattern, and one only. Vintage models with vintage models and modern s**t with modern s**t

Re: 50 Amazingly expensive or bad or both eBay listings 8 years, 3 months ago #105

Platinum Boarder
don't overlook the half a million lot...