Atlas Certificate
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Atlas Certificate

Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hi All</p>
<p>I've never had much interest in Atlas models despite owning a couple and despite that they are very well made and usually true to the original. I've always wanted the satisfaction of owing the original. Unfortunately, there are many Dinky models I will never own due to their typical cost. I love looking at my collection. To me they are little pieces of art. I get the same satisfaction of looking at my shelves as I expect someone who enjoys the fine art on their walls. Lately, I've been looking at some Atlas models as a way to enjoy looking at models I will most likely never be able to see other than pictures. It like having an exceptional forgery of a masterpiece. hahaha</p>
<p>Anyways, I am noticing many sources of Atlas models from resellers. Their product looks good and are often very reasonable. They usually indicate that certificates are not included. If there are no Atlas certificates then where do these reseller products come from? Are they Atlas over stock or factory rejects? Or are they copies of the copy???</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #2

as far as I know, the certificates were only issued via the mail orders through Atlas/De Agostini. There are a lot of sellers that offer the Atlas copies from China. I think they are left overs from the series that are dumped by Atlas in China only. I have about 100 certificates in my collection.

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #3

I got these offered in boxes of 12

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
That's in line with what I figured. The resellers aren't Atlas so no official certificate. I'm ok with that as I am not looking at these for investment.

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
those are one you have? Very nice!

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #6

those are one you have? Very nice!

No Tick, these are the ones I got offered for selling on. In boxes of 12 pieces

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I sometimes lost certificate.

But my models are all from Atlas edition.

I'd like to sell all my Atlas, knowing that I will loose a lot of money now.
Just tell me the ones you're looking for. I wil tell you if I still have them, and will make a fair offer if you please.

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #8

Platinum Boarder
But you'd have to be patient.
Models are packed almost everywhere in my flat...

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Just curious about these models for now but thank you. I will let you know.

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I have a few of the larger harder to find Dinky line done by Atlas. I might have 20 of them by now. I have very limited room so am not buying much right now.

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Ya, that's what I have been thinking. I cant get the hard to find or affordable ones so why not have excellent replicas in lieu??
I have had my collection in boxes for years and am finally very close to completing basement renovations. I will have an area for display cabinets and shelves. I have realized though just how many models I have. Too many. There will not be room for them all so I intend to thin it out. Once out on display and purged, I think my purchasing will slow right down and rather than obtain more, just start enjoying what I have collected so far. That is the reason for my recent interest in Atlas. Get the few I will not be chasing as originals

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Good luck and be very patient. Shipping out of China, as you probably know, is slow most of the time but if you get one that ships Air then stay with them if you can. Some models just go expensive even Atlas and specially Dinky even in Very Rough Shape. I have bought a few Atlas Foden's lately. Too bad they did not make the early version of that truck.

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Yes, surprised they haven't done the early Foden. It would probably sell well.
I buy r/c car stuff from Amazon, Ebay and Banggood. China distribution with free or almost no shipping are almost always surface delivery. I'm used to waiting for purchased items

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Yes, most comes surface mail but I found a few that shipped Air Mail and they were here in about a week or so. China is not far across the Pacific from BC.

Re: Atlas Certificate 3 years ago #15

Platinum Boarder
OK, so I went ahead and ordered a few Atlas models. Like I mentioned previously, I doubt I will ever own the originals so why not.
Most likely over stock that were flooded to the Chinese market as discussed above. No certificates, but unbelievably cheap. The 570A "Autoroutes Service Vehicle Set" was $25 CDN and included postage !!!!!
Very surprised these came from China to Canada in 11 days.

570A Dépannage Autoroutes FOURGON PEUGEOT J7
885 SAVIEM PIPE TRUCK
1435 Citroen Presidentielle

Very nicely done by Atlas.
The Citroen Limousine does have the battery operated lights like the origin

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
  • Page: