Shall I report this seller to Ebay?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shall I report this seller to Ebay?

Shall I report this seller to Ebay? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1

<p>I am 100% sure this is my restoration/conversion. What shall I do?</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Shall I report this seller to Ebay? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #2

eBay-objectnummer: 233911684550

Re: Shall I report this seller to Ebay? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #3

Platinum Boarder
But how did he get it?
Is he selling the car without having it?
I'm confused.

Re: Shall I report this seller to Ebay? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #4

I suppose he has it himself. I did about 20 of these for a collector close to where I live. He sold them on worldwide.

Re: Shall I report this seller to Ebay? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Can you not recognise the base.

Re: Shall I report this seller to Ebay? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #6

Platinum Boarder
It does say ATLAS on the base so by saying Atlas in his description it is correct but it is the use of the word 'Rare' which is probably not correct.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Shall I report this seller to Ebay? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Those are NOT Atlas rivets and the axle on the front looks like it has a pin through the hub and into a hollow axle. He also has a number of other Atlas toys and they are ALL Rare toys. Funny how that goes. Not sure if reporting is of any use but it won't hurt to try. Do you have your own pictures of this car? They would help to ID it.

Re: Shall I report this seller to Ebay? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I think I would contact the seller and point out that the rivets are not Atlas and neither are the axles from what I can see. He should be listing these as either restorations or Code 3 models. See what he says.
I did notice he has a lot of them and guess what, they are all Rare. Strange how that goes.

Re: Shall I report this seller to Ebay? 1 month, 1 week ago #9

Re: Shall I report this seller to Ebay? 1 month, 1 week ago #10

I did not report him, but sent him a message instead. See what happens

Re: Shall I report this seller to Ebay? 1 month, 1 week ago #11

Platinum Boarder
That is where I would start. See what he says as he may have no idea where they came from.

Re: Shall I report this seller to Ebay? 1 month ago #12

Junior Boarder
<p>I have reported this seller to eBay many times, each time with increasing indignity to eBay. I have not and will not contact the seller myself, it'll just lead him to know who reported his misleading listings. This seller for sure knows better, I've been reporting him for nearly a year. He'll go quiet for a while, and pop back up again.</p>
<p>If he's calling an Atlas and Atlas, I can't complain about that, though he was, in some listings only mentioning Atlas in small font at the end of the listing - that's misleading.</p>
<p>I don't like the use of the word "rare" for toys which are either common, or, on the other hand, were never produced by Dinky at all - not rare, non existent!</p>
<p>So report him, over and over again! Demand that eBay respond to reports from those of us who recognized misleading or counterfeit items.</p>
<p>But don't contact him, it'll just let him know who are are in eBay, so he can retaliate, and make him more wise to conceal his deceit. Let eBay deal with it, that's what you pay the commission for! At the very least, he's hardly a "top" nor "trusted" seller, and I have pointed that out to eBay....</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Shall I report this seller to Ebay? 1 month ago #13

Thnk ToyJim, I had already sent him a message. I think he won't answer me.
  • Page: