First acquisition 2021
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: First acquisition 2021

First acquisition 2021 1 month, 1 week ago #1

Gold Boarder
<p> </p>
<p class="MsoNormal">First acquisition 2021</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">url=postimg.cc/c6rndqCw]
[/url]</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Best Regards – Wolter.</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by Krul.

Re: First acquisition 2021 1 month, 1 week ago #2

Gold Boarder
2021.01.02 I ordered on Ebay a Dinky DeAgostini replica Citroën Traction Avant 11BL.
Last Friday week just before the weekend it was delivered in our maibox.
It has a separate tinplate front bumper and a nice grey metallic colour with the right colour dot on the box.
It suits very well with the black models I already had in my collection.
Here some more pictures;

Re: First acquisition 2021 1 month, 1 week ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Very nice and I like the base plate. Last year I started to do my restorations with a Satin Black like this.
It is a good looking model and I like that the bumper is tin plate and not just cast into the front of the body.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Krul

Re: First acquisition 2021 1 month, 1 week ago #4

Very well made! I like the fact that it has the M tyres too.

Re: First acquisition 2021 1 month ago #5

Gold Boarder
Hereby a few pictures of the early and the later type Citroën 11BL
The metallic grey one is the DeAgostini- and the black one is an Atlas Dinky.
On the last picture together with a restored French Meccano Dinky at the left side.

Re: First acquisition 2021 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Nice set of cars with many years apart for each. Am I seeing things or is the Citroen bars in the grille missing on the car on the left's Grille? Maybe it is the angle of the shot?

Re: First acquisition 2021 1 month ago #7

you could be rigt Jim.

Re: First acquisition 2021 1 month ago #8

Gold Boarder
Hi Jim and Theo,
Yes it is is the angle of the shot.
On the following pictures you can see the different grilles of the three models.
I guess there have been a lot of changes during the period of manufacturing from the first to the last issue of the model.
Best Regards - Wolter

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, janwerner

Re: First acquisition 2021 1 month ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the extra picture. They show the differences quite well. It also shows the advances made in Casting this car. Much more detail in the grille on the Atlas toy.

Re: First acquisition 2021 1 month ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I guess my new air brush and my new air brush cleaning pot are my first acquisitions of 2021. I got the pot today and it looks like it will even work with my old siphon air Brush.

This the same as the air brush I have been using since 2005 when I first started restoring Dinky Toys. I have had maybe 6 of these. Still have at least 3 that work but sometimes they clog or don't spray correctly for some reason. Probably me. The only difference is the brush in the picture below is held together at the spray nozzle by a clip that can't be removed. Mine have a threaded lock nut that makes it easy to take apart for cleaning. Thus the Cleaning pot. The new brush does not come apart unless you take the set screw out of the bottom of the nozzle. You might see that in the photos.

Re: First acquisition 2021 1 month ago #11

What a nice arbrushset and accessories. I sdo have a Badger set, but never use it because I am to clumsy to master the airbrush. I think it is all in the practice. I might give it a go again.

Re: First acquisition 2021 1 month ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Theo. This is a single action brush. I have a dual action brush but can't use it very well so it is on a shelf. Adjusting the air and the paint at the same time instead of just the air is a bit much for me I guess. Never could paint well with it. This one should work well for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: First acquisition 2021 2 weeks, 1 day ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Air brush arrived yesterday. I hooked it up last night and it seems to work well. Today was shopping day in town which takes up most of the day. Tomorrow I will be testing it out on a Rolls Royce I am working on. Still need tires for all the other models and some windscreens too.

Re: First acquisition 2021 1 week, 5 days ago #14

My first acquisition this year are the following set of diamond grinders and cutting discs for use with my Dremel. At € 1.99 each, it did not set me back much. I don't know the quality yet, but at least they are much cheaper than original Dremel supplies. I bought them at Lidl yesterday

Re: First acquisition 2021 1 week, 5 days ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Nice find and nice price. I use one of the Diamond straight bits. That is one of only maybe 3 diamond bits. One similar to the second one from the top and then 10 through 12 look like the other one that I use soo much for axle ends and after I drill off the rivet to smooth the top of the post off so it does not come up out of the base plate. I have many grinding discs that have come with 4 or 5 dremels I have had over the year. At $30 each the last about 4 years and then they either burn out the motor or more often they long spring on tube that goes from the dremel to the end to hold the tools. From 2008 this is my second dremel. Probably about $25 back then. You can see it on the left and the long black hose holds the wire spring that goes to the end attachment.

Here is a better picture from 2012 shows my last one that is now out in the garage in my tool box. The red one is out there somewhere too. LOL

• Page: