Bon Bon Toy
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bon Bon Toy

Bon Bon Toy 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Seeing it is Christmas I thought I would show you this, it has a nice story, the house I have owned since 1987 has always been in my family and when I was small it was my Great Aunt's ,  we used to see her every Sunday and at Christmas she used to put a little Christmas tree in the living room on the side board , it was great back then as Christmas seemed so much more special than it does now , maybe  because I am a very lot older, anyways the little plastic Drummer Boy shown was part of her tree decorations , she told me it was a present in a Bon Bon which we now know as Christmas crackers , one year in the 70's she called me back as we left her &amp; said look after him, she gave him to me, I said thankyou and said I would , I put him on a shelf in my bedroom ,. I was horrified when we had a puppy Dalmatian and the little Drummer Boy got knocked off the shelf and the dog picked it up in his mouth luckily he dropped it after putting his teeth into it's head so he now has these scars, in 2020 he still lives in the house where he was taken from the Bon Bon , he was made in Japan and I have never seen another  but he is safe in my glass Curio Cabinet</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Bon Bon Toy 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Great story and too bad about the dog but it adds to the long story of this little drummer boy. Thanks for sharing the special time you had with your Great Aunt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Bon Bon Toy 6 months ago #3

Nice story and Bowie & Crosby would have loved it too
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66
  • Page: