Stealing pictures
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stealing pictures

Stealing pictures 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Well, he's done it again. A few years ago I reported here that pictures of Mini Mostest models I made were used without asking me. Not only that, but he (?) said they were fake. They said the pictures were sent to him by someone else....of course he did not mention names. We sort of settled by him adding the text: restorations, sold as such, or Copyright by (our forum was mentioned).</p>
<p>I was just googling today, and came across this:</p>
<p>www.alniva.be/corgi/modellen/specials/al...lusief.htm</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 month ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>The link does  not work by placing it here, but it is bizarre: the picture I (capitol) I took of my own model IN MY HAND with the Cleemput book in the background. It is a Belgian site and all in Dutch. The text with the picture is even worse: the model was never produced.</p>
<p>More worse: it says the site is updated on August 14 2020! Even more worse: nowhere there is a contact-button.</p>

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>Just type 'Corgi Toys Road Rover' in your browser and you will see a row of pictures of the model. Choose the one with the book in the background.</p>

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
www.alniva.be/corgi/modellen/specials/al.../first/exclusief.htm
Here is the link with no HTML included. Just kill off the </p> at the end and it works fine.

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I can't believe this has happened again to you. I can't locate a web master on the page. Are there more pages? If you can find the web master you can lodge a complaint. You can also go to the hosting company and put in an abuse complaint or worse plagiarism complaint. He has stolen your pictures with out your permission or even acknowledging it is your work.

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #6

That is such a shame. You could try emailing This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it Perhaps that will result in a reaction

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks, Theo, I mailed to the adress you gave. How did you get that? Very weak not to give an adress.</p>
<p>So this guy or company placed the picture and does not mention anything about what the picture is about anyway. Yes, those are MY fingers holdign the model!</p>
<p>You might remember the same company used pictures of my Mini Mostest models and insinuating they were fakes. <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="www.alniva.be/corgi/modellen/specials/mi...test/349_opgelet.htm   the only thing he then did was to refer to Planet diecast and copyright K.D.  (my initials)<br /></a></p>

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Do you think he has taken them from 'Maronline' where you did a nice article on the Road Rover.

Rollerman.

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>No idea Kevin. In this digital ag a copy of a copy remians the same quality anyway, but this is what happened. He answered quite quickly and appologized. He offered to either add my chosen text to the pictures or remove them. As I asked him to remove them he did promptly. He also explained he set up the site years ago and got pictures from everywhere. As he is not active these years the piuctures probably came from somewhere on the net. MMind you, just type "Corgi 212 Road Rover" or similar and you will get a lot of pictures, and you can pick out what you like. It is not so much that he or anyone else uses my pictures, but I think you should ask, or at least try to locate the owner. And if not, mention isomething like 'source unknown' or similar.</p>

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>After all that we mailed some friendly words and he offered to place some pictures this time with proper text. Done.</p>

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #11

Platinum Boarder
A result, thats good.

Just been looking at the website and he has Dinky toys so went and had a look at the ''FAB 1'' Lady Penelope car and it is all wrong with as you said, pictures from all over the place.

Anyone here using the website Kees and I are refering too should not be used as a reference site for the Thunderbirds models by Dinky as the information is not totally accurate.

Rollerman.

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Sorry if I am a bit confused. The link provided by Jim does work and I see the picture of the page from the "bible" but not the picture of your code 3 with your "fingers". Did they steal your page photo? Either way, I think its funny someone is posting images without permissions and yet when I tried to copy the Dutch text I couldn't as the website doesn't permit that!
I was going to google translate the article.

Further down the page I see the Cori Superior Ambulance conversion to a Beatles Mobile which I have seen before. Is this not another of your creations Keesie? Im sure you detailed that one somewhere on this forum.

When I google the image and chose the image with the book in the background it took me to the Model Auto Review website. Great article Keesie and awesome creation of the model. Regardless of the Landrover never being made, Corgi should have gone ahead anyways. It is a lovely model and its not like they haven't produced concept vehicles before (although maybe concepts that were actually built as one off real cars).

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>Tick, here the picture I took, which he placed on his site. He took the part off which shows the Road Rover in my hand, which is fine with me, as now you only see the Corgi book.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>As I said, he appologized, and took the TWO pictures off (the other one was the drawing of the model made in commision)</p>
<p>Then he offered to do a proper picture and text, and I accepted.</p>

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>A few years ago he placed pictures of a whole bunch of Mini Mostest models I did. Thing is , he made a text 'explaining' how to recognize originals and FAKE models. Suggesting my ones were FAKES. So I told him a FAKE is a FAKE when the owner wants to sell a repro as an original, and wants a high price. I am not into FAKES, but in RESTORATIONS. The two products can be the same, but Iuse screws to close, and I am asking a low price. Also I state it is a resto. Besides most of my models nowadays can be recognized because the factory did not make them like that anyway.</p>

Re: Stealing pictures 1 month ago #15

Platinum Boarder
<p>Tick, re-reading your posting, you obviously missed things here and there. I came into contact with Mazonline and he offered to place articles which I write about a model I  made. I made 20 of those articles up till now.</p>
  • Page: