What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic?

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month, 1 week ago #76

Platinum Boarder
Recently I got an email from eBay saying that they were celebrating 20 years on the web. I joined up in 2000 and they said I was a founding member. I guess the first 5 years gave you that distinction. Anyway, it was a $20.00 US gift certificate I could use on eBay. So I went looking for something nice figuring I might get the shipping for that price. After looking for a few days, one of the first toys I looked at was the one I bought. Dinky300 Massey Harris Tractor, Massey Harris Manure Spreader and Halesowen Farm Trailer. I have a set of Raves from SF for another Farm trailer that will go on this new one.
They are in very fine condition and the Buy It Now was only $50.00 for all three. Shipping was $25.00 so with certificate I got that down to $5.00/
They arrived today and I am very happy with them. Here are some shots. First the Tractor with Driver. A few minor chips and the drivers hat is a bit worn. It is otherwise in very good condition.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month, 1 week ago #77

Platinum Boarder
Next is the 27c Manure Spreader. The 1954 update on the numbering system put this one as 321. The spring seems and looks to be original. The forks and spiral distributor look brand new. There are a couple chips on the body and in and around the hitch. Otherwise I would say this is Very Good.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month, 1 week ago #78

Platinum Boarder
Lastly is the Hay Wagon or Farm Trailer. Again, only a few nicks and chips and again around the hitch as well.

It did not come with original raves which is too bad. I have a set from SF that I did for another one of these I have in my collection and it kindly donated them to this new model. Humble little toy that it is. The raves I have are a number of years old since I painted them and they have a few chips too so fit right in.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month, 1 week ago #79

Platinum Boarder
The red raves and them in the Farm Trailer to complete it.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month, 1 week ago #80

Platinum Boarder
Not a bad find for about 6 or 7 hours of looking over 3 or 4 days.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month, 1 week ago #81

Platinum Boarder
I must correct myself. Have to stop going from memory. It was a $25.00 US gift cert and shipping was $25.50. Toys cost $50.50 shipped. Great deal from the USA.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month, 1 week ago #82

Platinum Boarder
Free $25 and usd to boot. How nice is that !!!!!!!!
They are in lovely condition and I think a fair price.
Nicely done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month ago #83

Platinum Boarder
Really nice bargains Jim! I happen to have found such a Harvest Trailer with red raves too, recently. For many years I had one with the brown raves only. Looking around on eBay they tend to get cheaper and cheaper.
The longer the pandemic lasts, the harder to count the accumulating new additions in this unfortunate era. Some pictures below:

host photos

upload pic site

Kind regards, Jan

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month ago #84

That was some decent shopping and a nice gesture from Ebay. I really do like the Dinky
farm series

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month ago #85

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jim and Jan for showing you latest Dinky Toys in excellent condition. Cheers.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month ago #86

Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys, this is one of the best buys of 2020 for me and is taking center stage on my display shelf here in my office. At least for the time being.
Some of you may know I am trying to catalogue all my toys. Dinky and Corgi are done but I have a long way to go with other brands. Most of the Dinky are in Beer flats right now and I am cleaning and rearranging my shelves. That will take some time too but it has finally started to rain here and should be for about a week. Time to get to work on the shelves again.

Jan, beautiful toys and I don't know where you get them from but keep it up. Some are hard to find in the condition your showing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month ago #87

Platinum Boarder
Thank you, Jim and all. I added ridiculously many items indeed in these past few months. Believe it or not, the majority were very cheap and relatively easy to find. The 'German' Coles Lorry Mounted Crane, my 'crown jewel', is extremely rare, which was not reflected in its price at all, on the contrary. I got them from England, France and Germany respectively.
I am nearing completion now of what I ever wanted to collect. At present I am mainly replacing poorer models by better ones. But, Jim, like you, I am also concentrating more and more on the completion of my catalogue and the definitive layout of the contents of my cabinets. Kind regards, Jan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim, RoutemasterNL

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month ago #88

Platinum Boarder
I've seen so many of your pictures here Jan, hard to believe you have any model considered "poorer". hahahah
Almost completed your quest? I believe I would be in complete awe if I ever had the opportunity to be in your collection room
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month ago #89

Platinum Boarder
I was back in 2016 and it is truly worth seeing. Jan has done a wonderful job.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 1 month ago #90

<p>Nobleco wrote:
I was back in 2016 and it is truly worth seeing. Jan has done a wonderful job.
</p>
<p>I was there with you too Jim. A beautiful collection, well displayed and catagorized. I do have fond memories of that visit</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim