What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic?

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #46

Platinum Boarder
Gismouk go to Postimage.org and copy a picture from your computer. When it loads into the program an new window shows up and then Pick the third from the bottom. There is a copy icon on the far right of the line of text. Paste that into your posts. Hotlink for Forums. works best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gizmouk

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #47

Senior Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I didn't buy this during the pandemic but I rediscover it....</p>
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by gizmouk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #48

Platinum Boarder
oops

I reorganized my postimage pics and the files were moved to a new folder so the initial link I posted is now a dud. Here are the photos of the TK

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #49

Platinum Boarder
a couple months ago (so technically a COVID purchase) I also picked up the Coca Cola version

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #50

Platinum Boarder
Great models, have a look back on the Telsalda topic , i have the plastic version of the Castrol truck on there.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #51

Platinum Boarder
what slide/page number Andy?

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #52

Expert Boarder
<p>Picked up this lot at an auction last week for 32 bucks. Nice find with six Dinkies and three Lesney Sea Kings as a bonus. nice when no one is bidding against you. [url=https://postimg.cc/HJpK5Jff]
[/url</p>
<p>They will not be on my resto/code 3 agenda for a while since I have a back log of others I am working on.  It's amazing that every Centurion tank (number 4) I have bought has had no tracks and a bent barrel.</p>
<p>Really looking forward to bringing the Sunbeam back to original state with it's green and gray two tone paint job. Forgot to mention,</p>
<p>I also got the trailer end of a Bedford Pullmore Car Carrier in this lot.  I now have two of these and I am lacking a Bedford or Commer tractor to complete the model.</p>
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by gcladd.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #53

good score at a reasonable price. How are you going to straighten de barrel?

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #54

Platinum Boarder
Nice buy with those Dinky's.

Tick the Castrol Bedford is on page 81 Telsalda topic

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #55

Platinum Boarder
I don't collect plastic but that model would be awesome to have parked beside my Dinky.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #56

Platinum Boarder
Tracks are easy to find new. The barrel needs to be heated up or it will snap off if you try to bend it. I use my toaster oven and a pair of welders gloves to handle the object when it comes our of the oven. I usually heat them up to about 150°F or even 200°F. Should bend easy then.
You did score a great deal for that price. Also nice to see the ships too.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #57

Senior Boarder
I use a hot air paint stripping gun to heat local area (the barrel in your case), thick gloves t ohold it of course.
DON'T bend it cold it WILL snap !!

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #58

Platinum Boarder
Yes, if you have one, that will work just fine. Be Careful of the wheels, they might melt over 150º

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #59

Platinum Boarder
I should have looked at mine first, the wheels are metal. Sorry for any confusion.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #60

Expert Boarder
<p>Straightened the Centurion today using a small butane torch and a small vice grip welding clamp to progressively apply pressure across the bent area. Nice and straight now. I machined a sheared off one a couple of years ago for a friend from 3/16 OD aluminum bar stock that looks way better than the original on the Dinky Centurion. I made a far more accurate flash arrester and the barrel was hollowed a 1/2" from the end. Went to order a wack of Dinky and Corgi parts from from Steve Flowers today and noticed he is not taking orders due to Covid. To bad because my niece who is doing a work exchange as a nurse in London is coming back for her sister's wedding in September. I was hoping the parts could take a ride in her luggage and spare the excessive UK to Canada shipping rates and also come into Canada duty free. Tough break on a pile of restorations and code 3's I started back in March.</p>
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by gcladd.