What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic?

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Thanks you both.

I still haven't recieved all the models I bought.

But I will shoot all of them and post them but not before August.

Yes Dinky characters are original. They're yet in the display case where is my Dinky service station.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #17

Platinum Boarder
I have purchased another Rolls Royce Silver Wraith for my two tone collection. About $20 including shipping from England to Canada so deals are still out there.
The seller said "Rare to find tax disc, GB and Running In stickers still in place. Dated 1959.":
He got the year correct at lest. Now I have to decide what color combination I should do. My wife pointed out that most of the RR I have done match up with the Craft beers I have b
een buying. I will post pictures of the cars with the beers in another post this coming weekend and you can decide. Am I influenced???

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #18

Platinum Boarder
I will not repaint it if the seller is correct about the stickers though.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #19

are you influenced or under influence Black with grey is very neat....

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Mostly under influence these days. Black and grey sounds nice though, Thanks for the suggestion.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #21

Platinum Boarder
The first thing that came to my eye were the stickers , I absolutely love models when they have had these added , Corgi produced these & some where I have a couple of un-opened packs.
When i was younger these were old stock & you could not get them so I used to make my own , I keep on about my boxed models I have stored away mostly from the late 70's to early 80's & some of those have my home made no. plate which I did in the British white & yellow .
I promise that I will show these when I get a chance but with the situation now I have been back at work for three weeks & it is taking my time up more than ever as we all want our companies to keep going.
I will post a picture of a Spot On MGA I bought during this time in life to which someone has applied these great accessories.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #22

Platinum Boarder
<p>I remember I had some with that kind of stickers. This is lovely to me for played with models. I have to admit I used to remove them from mint models. Here is what I recieved 3 days ago. It includes some references I have talked about in the previous topic page. This lot covers some of my purchase from early march (before confinement) and mid june  (post-confinement).</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Corky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #23

Platinum Boarder
<p>Lovely models and I like your Unic Multibucket Truck. I have an original with some play wear and an original box. I only paid $21.00 US including shipping for the box, the truck was half again more. Still a good deal for originals.</p>
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #24

Platinum Boarder
This is the MGA I bought a couple of weeks ago someone has eagerly applied the tax disc, badges & trader plate over the body but this is why I bought it & I am going to leave it this way as sample of what children did with their toys.
Another buy was the missing pallet from the Dinky Bedford , I think this model is great & I have just bought a nice condition no.401 Fork Lift to complement it.
Most of my buys over this weird time I have shown on various topics but these are a couple I have not shown so it is a nice way to show them on this topic .

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Nice to have the pallets for your Jecta van. Mine has remake Cast metal ones but they still work. You like to keep playworn toys like this as examples. I to might do that if I had access to lots of them but now here where I live.
I have that same MGA and bought it May. Same condition and color as yours but I only have a very small bit of the front plate on it. No other stickers at all. I am waiting for the wind screen and steering wheel but they will be some time as Leicester has been closed down again due to a virus outbreak there. I was already given a months turn around from Steve. Hopefully I will have all my parts by mid September.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #26

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nobleco wrote:
</p>
<p>Lovely models and I like your Unic Multibucket Truck. I have an original with some play wear and an original box. I only paid $21.00 US including shipping for the box, the truck was half again more. Still a good deal for originals.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>A very good price for that.</p>
<p>Mine has been played with, but it's only visible under the bucket. So it looks like new and so is its box but that hasn't its inner packing piece.</p>

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 2 weeks ago #27

Platinum Boarder
My box also does not have its inner packing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 1 week ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Here is the Coventry Climax Fork Lift, it had the string broken so I replaced it & now it works an easy fix just as well as I again am suffering from Tonsillitis.
I am glad to say that both these models are working & the Bedford is one of my favourite early Dinky's in my collection,

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 1 week ago #29

Platinum Boarder
Nice pictures and a great looking Climax Fork Lift. I still have mine from the mid to late 1950's that I got for Christmas or Birthday back then. I also have two others in need or restoration but have not got to them yet.
You should just have your tonsils removed. Uncomfortable yes but an easy operation. I still remember eating loads of ice cream when I had mine out at age 10. They don't do anything important and if your missing work due to tonsillitis then you should talk to your doctor about it.

Re: What have you bought during the Covid-19 Pandemic? 2 months, 1 week ago #30

Great play value, and a lovely combo