Have you noticed what is missing????????
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Have you noticed what is missing????????

Have you noticed what is missing???????? 3 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I am wondering if anyone here is on the Facebook site?</p>

Re: Have you noticed what is missing???????? 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
From time to time I look for old threads on here to make sure I have not missed something or forgotten some very interesting toys and pictures. Tonight I was looking for something for Theo's (RoutemasterNL) Guessing game clue. I found the answer but was surprised at how had put the photo up and where it came from. I came from Planet Diecast on FACEBOOK. I have also noticed that just about all the pictures are from Hobby DB. I was going to put it up on here in the Bugs and Issues part of the forum but it is no longer there. Then I noticed that there were a lot of missing categories on the Facebook page. This seemed odd to me but when I came back here to Planet Diecast.com on the web and not on Facebook all the old categories are still here including Bugs and issues.

I invite you to what I see is a take over of the site and we are now on Facebook and owned by the previous owners from England who moved to the USA not long after selling this site to Masmedia and then they sold it or Verticalscope, out present owners, or so I thought. Not sure how this happened or when but they have some 2000 plus posts and about the same number of members.

MY question is how many of us are on the Facebook group and how many realize it is now owned and run by the original owners of this site. Or am I reading this all wrong???

Re: Have you noticed what is missing???????? 3 months ago #3

Jim, I saw the last contribution was in 2015. TBH I have not visited theat site too often over the past years, so I don't know which catagories were there before. This is how the start screen looks like.

Re: Have you noticed what is missing???????? 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Jim, I was never on that Facebook site. (I will look after this).</p>
<p>I do not want to make things complicated, but might be worth mentioning.</p>
<p>I am not 'really' on Facebook.</p>
<p>-I came into contact with Maz Whooley a while ago, and he said he has a Facebook site. He asked me if I could write articles, and I agreed. The procedure is that I send him a a Word file and pictures to his mailadres. He then places the whole on his site, and further he places only the first part and the first picture on a Facebook site (MAR online).</p>
<p>I used to be a member of a Beatles-group called Beatlegs. This was way before Facebook and such, and after being succesful for years it bled to death. Last year however someone from that group set up a Facebook page. I was invited in, and I did, but after placing a message no one answered, so that was that.</p>
<p>When I now go to MAZ site I can place an answer, and the logo of my Beatlegs group is attached. I did not even have to be a member or to log in, it just happens. That is in fact all I do with Facebook.</p>
Last Edit: 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Have you noticed what is missing???????? 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Theo, I googled, and the only thing I got is</p>
<p>www.facebook.com/PlanetDiecast/</p>
<p>The last posting there is in 2015.</p>
<p>However, when I press my own link in THIS message, it gives a broken chain symbol.</p>
Last Edit: 3 months ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Have you noticed what is missing???????? 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Well that is good to hear as I am not a facebook member and did not look too far into the pages. They do link to this site though.

Re: Have you noticed what is missing???????? 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
As I said on the other thread PlanetDiecast site was replaced by "Diecast on HobbyDB" I am not sure who is answering questions on that page now, it was my job at one stage but I no longer have anything to do with either HobbyDB or the FB page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Have you noticed what is missing???????? 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
That would be Christian or Andrew most likely. They used to own this site here when it was Toy Collector. They then changed the name to Planet Diecast and sold the site to MasMedia in Ontario, Canada. We are now owned by Veticalscope also in Ontario, Canada.
I don't do Facebook either and did not notice any dates on the site I started this thread for. I guess others, who know Facebook much better than I have found the last posts were in 2015. I guess that ends this.
Thanks Malcolm

Re: Have you noticed what is missing???????? 2 months, 1 week ago #9

Platinum Boarder
I never knew there was a Planet Diecast Facebook Page. Doesn't seem like I was missing anything
  • Page: