Love this site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Love this site

Re: Love this site 3 months, 3 weeks ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>Jim, indeed 'map' means folder. Like you and Theo, I also have folders for specific customers with their name.</p>
<p>Like Tick, I use Excel. Main columns are: date purchased, model number (I use the Corgi numbering first), model name, box y/n, price purchased, in/excl postage, total price.</p>
<p>Counting the prices together I do that 'globally', meaning I count together let's say up to 40 models by head, and state the price. Then another 40 or 50,  and after that's all done, I write down the total of those.</p>
<p>Underneath the Corgis there are groups of Dinky and other makes. Again a total price is made, and the last column then states a total price for everything.</p>
<p>Not included are paint, tools, materials, electricity and probably more.</p>
<p>Underneath everything I bought there is a similar list of what I sold. When I sell something, I also write this with the model I bought. When there is only one specific model sold and one I bought, it is obvious it is the same one.</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Keesie.

Re: Love this site 3 months, 3 weeks ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>However, let's say I have 37 Bond DB5's n my BOUGHT list, I cannot really tell which one I sold after restoring, so I just write 'sold' with any of those. That way I know how many are still in my for sale section.</p>
<p>At a glance I can see the total I bought and the total I sold.</p>

Re: Love this site 3 months, 3 weeks ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Shane and Kees, I am trying to develop my own spread sheet right now. I am on finding my models now. I used to keep them under the customer name but I changed that and keep then under the maker toy number. So Corgi First, Dinky Second, Matchbox third and others in alphabetical order. I do it like this now.
Dinky 157 Jaguar XK 120 - 3 Jim N (1)
Name, No, Model number I have or how may I did and who for. the last number in brackets is the order from 2008 that I did the restoration. Those files are all in order and in file boxes. There must be over 500. I am up to 27 in finding the model and the pictures and up to number 3 for adding the quote to the picture file and adding that number to the title of the file. At least who ever sells this collection will have a idea of what went into them.

Re: Love this site 3 months, 3 weeks ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Sounds like a big task, but will be worth it when you have all that information about your collection/work at your finger tips

Re: Love this site 3 months, 3 weeks ago #20

Platinum Boarder
That is the hope anyway. I also have all the ebay sales I have ever sold or bought in a large two part 3" binder catalogue. Year by year and most have been ID'd and the models tagged. Now to find them and ad the dollar cost at the time of purchase. That will be next year's task.
  • Page: