I seem to have been buying lately
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: I seem to have been buying lately

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 1 year, 3 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
As you have seen I have finished up the Rolls Royce Silver Wraith's, my numbers 4 & 5 in my collection of two-tone RR's. I have started the Bentley as of yesterday and today it will get its first paint on the body. I will be doing it as close to original as I can get but don't have the right color for the folded top.
The plane I have been working on that came from Can is also almost done. I have the wheels mounted and have painted the nose black. I got ahead of myself yesterday and put the decals on, went well mostly, and then realized I had not painted the blue. Stewed over that last night and woke up about 3am with a solution. Spray the nose area with clear and let it dry really well. I was afraid the decals would come off it I just taped them. I don't want to do it free hand and I did not want to harm the decals. The clear should do the trick. Keeping my fingers crossed as that paint goes on today too.
I am also painting the canopy I got for the 25 series wagon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 5 months, 3 weeks ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Here is another Dinky Dublo #0062 Singer Roadster I picked up just before Christmas. In nicer shape than the one I got from Cam back in 2014 for $10.00 It cost me more this time at $14.50 so still a good price.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 5 months, 3 weeks ago #33

All original and looking great for its age!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 5 months, 3 weeks ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Yes, it came along with the Santa Fe Locomotive I show in the Matchbox thread

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 3 months, 4 weeks ago #35

Platinum Boarder
Another purchase this time an Atlas Edition Dinky. #904 Foden Flat Truck with Chains with Box. Arrived from China in a very reasonable amount of time and I am happy with it.

The last picture is of my original Dinky Flat truck with chains sitting on top of the box with the New Atlas version in front.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 3 months, 4 weeks ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Very nice , these re-pros look the part.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 3 months, 4 weeks ago #37

Platinum Boarder
The paint could be darker and I prefer the original Brass or Bronze chains but it is nice to have for $21.00 US with free delivery.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 3 months, 4 weeks ago #38

Platinum Boarder
I've never had interest in the Atlas models. But, they really do look great.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 3 months, 4 weeks ago #39

Platinum Boarder
And they are cheap so as a fill in, they are great. I am probably going to give this one to my Grand Son.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 3 months, 4 weeks ago #40

Platinum Boarder
True, they do fill the part for reasonable price. I actually have two and the quality and finish is impressive.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 3 months, 4 weeks ago #41

I really like these Atlas repro trucks. Got a fair number in my collection tbh

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 3 months, 4 weeks ago #42

Platinum Boarder
I have some of the more expensive toys like the 36A Willeme log truck and the 571 Sulky Racer with horse and the truck that carries them.. Fire engine and a couple of other box trucks like Heinz Beans. The rest are cars and small trucks.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 3 months, 4 weeks ago #43

Platinum Boarder
I have an Atlas Renault Alpine as it had been a long standing item in my wish list but too hard to come in decent condition and a reasonable price for an original. It wasnt cheap though as many Atlas models can go for a fair sum. I eventually got an original.
The search feature doesnt work here anymore, but I posted the two and did a side by side to show how good Atlas are.

I have a Dinky Unic Pipe truck that was missing the plastic pipes. Original or aftermarket replacements weren't worth the price in my opinion. I ended up coming across an Atlas version of the truck new in box for really cheap including postage from China. The pipes were perfect replicas of the original for my original model.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 3 months, 4 weeks ago #44

Platinum Boarder
That is another plus about Atlas toys. They have all the replaceable parts that cost more than buying the Atlas that the parts come with. You are right there.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 3 months, 4 weeks ago #45

Platinum Boarder
i will have to show you how to get the search to work.
First, here is the link to your comparison. Just scroll down the page to find it.
www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=c...rums=1&Itemid=18