I seem to have been buying lately
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: I seem to have been buying lately

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #16

Platinum Boarder
That was my understanding. I dealt with him for about a year before he started getting me frustrated with his poorer and poorer castings. Way to much flash and that should have been taken off or he should have made new moulds.

I got in his face about it and he an I made a deal where he was going to send me half what I paid for the poor parts for all my efforts to fix them up. I had sent him pictures. Anyway, His Wife got wind of this somehow and next thing you know She was telling me they were no longer going to deal with me. I have been dealing with Steve ever since. Even visited him and some of his staff back in 2016 when my wife and I were over in Europe then the UK.
BTS was the name of the other casting outfit. I am not sure if they are still around. Theo may know or some of the other restorers here.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #17

Platinum Boarder
I have picked up a couple more toys. First is the D1 Signal Cabin that will go with my Hornby Dublo Train set. I sold the one I had as a kid over 14 years ago. Found this near mint one cheap so had to buy it.

I also picked up the last car for one of my Pullman Car Carrier Two Tone loads. Dinky 162 Ford Zephyr.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Should prove useful, how many more cars for your transparter do you need replace|?

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #19

Platinum Boarder
<p>This is the last one I wanted. I could use the XK120 Jag but not on this one. It already has a Jag.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The first set is complete as the factory did them. The second one is my own recreation of what could have been anther fine set. The Austin Devon has been replaces with the Austin Somerset in the Black and White two tone version. The Hillman is the one I want to replace now.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Looking at it again it seems to me I should replace the Morris Oxford in Cream and Pink as it looks out of scale with the rest.</p>
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by Nobleco.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Is that a standard colour finish on the Hillman?

Not sure about the Morris, would help to see them all closely lined up together as it is not something I can tell that easily from the photo.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Here are a few shots of the 40f Hillman Minx as I received it and an inside the casting shot too.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #22

Platinum Boarder
And sort of lined up.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Nope. Looks ok to me...

Well as far as I can tell still looks in keeping with the other dinky here.

Something strange behind the Devon in this pic, can't quite work out what that is though either.

Minx looks to be Grass Green inside the shell, though not sure on Originality with this one, front of the casting looks a bit like spray paint residue maybe.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Having read up it seems this car is a 'scarce colour' variation.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #25

Platinum Boarder
What you call spray on the inside front it probably not much paint on there and the casting color is showing through. This very well could have been a repaint as the outside does not match on some of the bumper areas and the inside. Seems much darker. It the inside green was a scare color it was lot when the toy was over painted, long before I got it back in 2012

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Same colour actually I think as post office Morris z van and the Raleigh cycles a40.

To be fair dark green is one of those colours where dark green is just that.

Seems you have had it a while then!

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #27

Nice set of cars!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Stunning transporter set. Vibrant colours!

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Tick. I really like it. When the Zephyr arrives I will then have completed this set. I will have two sets like this now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Well, the Hornby Dublo D1 Signal Tower and the 162 Ford Zephyr by Dinky arrived today safe and sound. I will be doing the Zephyr for the last car in the two tone trailer load the same as what I showed above. Two-Tone Blue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL