I seem to have been buying lately
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: I seem to have been buying lately

I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Don't know why but there have been some good deals lately.</p>

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>I have bought a couple Dinky 15o Rolls Royce Silver Wraiths, a 192 S2 Bentley and and 117 Caravan and 170 Ford Fordor. Today I received a Dinky 157 Jaguar XK 120 I will also restore.</p>
<p>150 Rolls Royce #4
150 Rolls Royce #5
194 Bently S2 convertible #2
#117 Caravan #3
#170 Ford Fordor #3
#157 Jaguar XK120 #4
</p>
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by Nobleco.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I am also bidding on a Dinky 275 Brinks Armoured car that ends tonight, late.

I am winning at the moment.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #4

Platinum Boarder
This I will not restore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Another purchase a week or so ago. The Matchbox A1-B BP Petrol Pumps. I bought the lights and man just before I won this. I might restore it at some time

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #6

you did well there. The Jag in this color combo is new for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #7

Platinum Boarder
The XK120 has been over painted with black bu what looks like a child. and some one glued a spare tire to the truck lid at one time.

The Matchbox ss100 Jaguar is from 1991 and was #47. Here is a site I found that shows this two tone color and one with green body and white engine cowl. It was a promotional model. Made in Thailand and sold in the UK only.
matchbox.fandom.com/wiki/Jaguar_SS100

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>I forgot to say that I won the Brinks truck. It looks to be in really good condition too. I have mirrors here but need a set of gold bars. Not sure how well the one with it will glue back together. I don't think Steve or Rob sell just the gold bars though so if anyone has a set they want to mail me, I will pay for postage and a fair price on the bars.</p>
<p>I got it for just under $30 but postage was about $17 from Birkered Denmark so the postage is fair, tracked and insured .</p>
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by Nobleco.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Matchbox Jaguar SS is from the PG Tips tea range of the time which included several other models also in the range I believe.

The 105 MSV crate with gold bars that Steve Flowers sells should be the same minus the decals and 'Dreamgirls1967' Cynthia also stocks them on EBay.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #10

Platinum Boarder

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Yes, that was it. I had heard that before here on the site.
I get the gold bars in crate with lid for £4.60 on one of my orders.
I will wait to see what I can do with the broken ones before ordering. I am pretty sure the others on the net were all made by SF anyway.
Dreamgirls1967 is PTC castings stuff. Patric Tobin. I believe it is his wife. I had a bad deal from him and poor castings. He was no cheaper than SF back then but could not make it up against him and was it BTC? There was another large suppler. I don't remember, it was quite a few years ago.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Just been fixing up a few old model car tyres so you never know about fixing the gold bars lol may be worth a try.

Yes order multiple items from Flowers and you would probably get good deal there like you says, the gold bars I think looks better in the plastic in this case as they are meant to be.

have ordered and not had trouble with PCT before, only ordered a few windshields though so not any actual castings as such so far from them other than a metal replacement Ford Cortina baseplate for the Corgi Golf estate possibly.

Do not know about this other supplier , the dinky club has a few parts still in stock.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #13

Platinum Boarder
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dinky-Toys-117-Four-B...p2485497.m4902.l9144

By SteveFlowers allegedly looks like yours.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months, 1 week ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Yes, the caravan is the same color. It that one is a Steve Flowers restoration it was probably done by his son Richard. There was another guy there too but I think he is gone. Can't remember his name. He also did the web site for them.
PCT did not make their own plastic or tin parts like Screens and canopies. They did not tin base plates as well as cast ones. All the plastic and tn parts came from Steve Flowers.
The shipping on that caravan would probably be reasonable for you over in the UK and EU and the price is right. It still has over 8 days to go mind.

Re: I seem to have been buying lately 4 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Trail fitting parts one made would not doubt be necessary,

I guess just their cast (not tin) parts are they're own then at PCT I did not know this.

I may buy the caravan or just restore myself one in the future.