Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020

Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 2 weeks ago #1

<p>The NAMAC fair was extremely busy. I bought this set for my own collection. Is was on to 1 of my modest wishlist. Now I finally got one.</p>
<p>
host my image</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 2 weeks ago #2

And then there were these that a customer gave to me to restore. The 584 Berliet GAK is in bad shape, I need a donor for the cab becauase the tab that holds the cab in place is broken. He gave me one 972 Coles crane, but the boom is so bent on his one, that I bought a donor one at Houten for 10 euros.
The Foden is the 902 in a mid blue and fawn. Can't find any reference of this color combination. Someone here knows perhaps?

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 2 weeks ago #3

Platinum Boarder
The car transporter looks in excellent condition & a great addition for you. the others will keep you busy, it will be good to see them finished.

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 2 weeks ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see you get something from your wish list. This is also on my hope to win one day but probably can't afford the postage list.
More trucks for you to play with. The crane I did at the top of the Restore pages so use it for reference. I took it all apart. Too bad about the bent boom though. Maybe you can make something out of the truck like a steel carrier for in town. Take the crane right off the truck.
As far as the colors, light blue ridged hubs is correct and so is the cab but I think you have an over painted flat deck. Don't see it listed in that color. Here is what I have from 1952 when this second style of Foden cab came out.
1952 to 1952 Dark blue cab / chassis, red flat bed, mid blue Supertoys hubs, chain posts bosses, large towing hook.
Orange cab / chassis, green flat bed and Supertoys hubs, chain posts bosses, large towing hook, re-numbered 902.
1952 to 1954 As above but red cab / chassis, green flat bed and Supertoys hubs.
As above but yellow cab / chassis, green flat bed and Supertoys hubs.

So, if you have supertoy hubs it is a paint over. If it has ridged hubs I would take a picture and send it to Jacque as he will be interested. I have his email so contact me. This is probably just a repaint or a swap from another truck.
Does the flat deck have the bosses underneath for the Post of the Chain Truck? The Dark Blue 1952 issue had them.
If the tail board has been cut off then it could be from the 503 as it came with a Fawn deck.
All info from Jacque DuJardin's Encyclopedia.

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 2 weeks ago #5

Thanks Jim,
I asked Jan Werner and he answered the question. The Foden is in fact the Dinky 903 with a high tailboard, which has broken off the bed. I have inspected it and he is right. The color combination is a scarcer one. I bought the second 972 for this has a good boom, problem solved

And I have Jacques' email myself, sent him the photos of the inside of the 972 cab with the differences
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 2 weeks ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I sent Jacque some inside shots early last week. He likes them for the casting differences. He sent me a picture of the boot lid on two 151 Dinky Rolls Royce. They are not the same so different moulds.

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 2 weeks ago #7

Platinum Boarder
The Namac Fair was extremely crowded indeed. But this contributed to earning a lot of money with redundant models. Enough to treat myself with a French Dinky Toys no. 24ut Simca Aronde Taxi! Regards, Jan

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 2 weeks ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>Of course I went to houten with my cousin as well. More or less the last trip with my old Mustang. Would you believe I did not buy ANYTHING.....? Nothing to do with the money I spent on other things this week (....), I jsut did not see anything I wanted or needed. I did not see Theo either. A 'strange' thing was this: normally it is crowded at the stand of Modelcarparts, but this time he (Rob) was just sitting on a chair doing nothing.</p>

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 2 weeks ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>Let me explain. Modelcarparts always has the same stall in the same place. He always brings tons of boxes with spare parts. You can buy parts there, but it is advisable to order them on the site, he brings them to Houten, you mention your order/name, and you pay. This speeds things up of course.</p>
<p>NOW (it was announced on his site and the same on his stall) he no longer takes all this boxes with him to Houten. You can ONLY order on the site, and ONLY the orders are taken to Houten.  It seemed as if a lot of people were not aware of this, or do not bother to order on the site.</p>
<p>He is right to do it like this. It makes it so much easier for him and also for the customers.</p>
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by Keesie.

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 2 weeks ago #10

Platinum Boarder
That is what Steve Flowers does from what I have heard. Order on his site to bring to the next fair. Here is where he will be in March.
NEC Toy Fair – Hall 18, NEC, Birmingham, B40 1NT Sunday 9th March 2020
Coventry Toy Fair – The Connexion, Ryton on Dunsmore, CV8 3FL - Sunday 3rd May 2020

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 2 weeks ago #11

Filled with a few contemporary cars... Not as good as the car transporter, but still very displayable

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 1 week ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Looks great Theo. that is how to display the cars and the carrier.

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 1 week ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nice addition, Theo, I have seen it 'live'. Here is the Dutch leaflet advertising this spectacular combination:
By the way, here are two links of videos reporting about the Namac fairs at Houten:</p>
<p>
<p>
<p>Kind regards, Jan</p>
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by janwerner.

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 1 week ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>I'll try to paste them once more:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="tab-stops: -72.0pt -36.0pt;"><a href=" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;" lang="EN-US"> style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;"> <span lang="EN-US"></span></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="tab-stops: -72.0pt -36.0pt;"><span style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;" lang="EN-US"><a href="
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Houten NAMAC Fair Feb 2020 4 months, 1 week ago #15

Platinum Boarder
They are posted fine. The first one is long but you can skim it as I did to get to the Dinky Toys about 40 minutes in.

The Dinky Toy History is really nice to see.
Thanks Jan.
  • Page: