The forum's future
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: The forum's future

Re: The forum's future 7 months, 3 weeks ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>As often posted the uploading of pictures is one iof the reasons I think</p>

Re: The forum's future 7 months, 3 weeks ago #17

Platinum Boarder
If you use postimages.org/ you should not have problems with posting pictures. Use the Hotlink for Forums, NOT the thumbnails for forums. They end it too small and you have to click on each photo to see what they are in detail. The larger pictures save a lot of time.

Re: The forum's future 3 weeks, 3 days ago #18

Platinum Boarder
<p>I am not sure if it is my computer but Postimage is not working at all, it is not processing my pictures , does anyone else have this problem at the moment?</p>
<p>It prints up to three but anymore it is not responding</p>
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 3 days ago by Andy66.

Re: The forum's future 3 weeks, 3 days ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Last time it did that to me I joined up for free and got a password. The next day it was working fine again.

Re: The forum's future 3 weeks, 2 days ago #20

I shall try over the next few days

Re: The forum's future 1 week, 5 days ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Not being able to post pictures has side lined me, noticed the forum has been very quite of late , is this the reason? lots to show but frustrated by no pictures up loading.

Re: The forum's future 1 week, 5 days ago #22

Platinum Boarder

MGA by Spot-On I picked up may of this year
The picture uploader seems to work fine for me.

Re: The forum's future 1 week, 2 days ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Unfortunately, things happen out of our control such as the technical changes that have occurred here. Primarily the posting of images or not being able to see what others have been able to post. Despite one's efforts, frustration eventually leads members astray to fill their time with something else. There is an expression "out of sight out of mind". I know for myself, the forum wasn't technically working for me so I stopped coming as much. I expect that is why many members are not around much anymore. They are on to other things and this forum is not a priority in their spare time anymore?
There will always be those who are new and drop in and disappear. Maybe they just wanted to try it but like it. Maybe they came across some models but have no clue about them and just want some education. Not a big deal. At least someone found some value here if only for a moment.
As for those who don’t say much… well I for example am useless when it comes to restorations and that’s ok because its not part of the hobby I enjoy doing. I love seeing what others can create though. I sometimes like to be included and just want to share my appreciation for restorations. Any participation in my opinion is good. Especially when we need this forum to keep going.
I like Rollerman’s suggestion for “advertising”

Re: The forum's future 1 week, 2 days ago #24

Platinum Boarder
and just for note, once again I am no longer able to see photos that others are posting.

Re: The forum's future 1 week, 2 days ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Are you accessing forum at work or at home. There are a lot of business that will block our site or the ability to up load or even view photos. A place I worked at was like that but I had no problems at home. If you are at home I don't know why you would not be able to see the photos unless you have a slow processor and it is just not loading them due to the size or formate and you have to take in loading time too on some smaller slower computers. I am on an i7 8meg Cache processor with 4.20 GHz speed. Only the new 10th gen computers are faster.

Re: The forum's future 1 week, 2 days ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Thanx Jim, as I have mentioned before I typically access from work and never had problems, then no uploading or even viewing pics. Then I was able to see posts (but still couldn't post myself) and now I am back to not being able to see posted pics. Never have and still don't have issues from home.
So changes to this forum and the way work security is set up prevented my enjoyment of this forum.

Re: The forum's future 1 week, 2 days ago #27

Platinum Boarder
So, technical issues here have affected the way I use the forum. Either I don't or use from home. But that causes changes to the way I spend my time at home. My problem, nobody else's. However, the point is that unfortunately some changes happened here that caused many users to not use the site so much and have gone off to other things.

Re: The forum's future 1 week, 2 days ago #28

Platinum Boarder
I'll keep making time to stay here, but its frustrating when things change and not for the better.
I wish I knew how to set up and manage a forum......

Re: The forum's future 1 week, 2 days ago #29

Platinum Boarder
even though I am not a restoration guy, there is so much information here. Just sharing what members collect interests me to see models I may not have been aware of. Its nice to show off your stuff to those who appreciate it too. My family and friends just think I am a geek who still plays with toys. hahaha
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: The forum's future 1 week, 1 day ago #30

thanks for sharing your thoughts. The knowledge on our forum is putstanding. I don't face much difficulties although things are a bit different than before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco