Market finds
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: Market finds

Re: Market finds 1 year ago #76

Platinum Boarder
<p>I do not see any grey canopies.</p>

Re: Market finds 1 year ago #77

Platinum Boarder
<p>Ah well, Jim, I suppose you don't want any Land Rovers anyway, so here the next one, nr 19. A mixed lot of all sorts of sporty cars.</p>
<p>
uncommon baby names and meanings</p>
Last Edit: 1 year ago by Keesie.

Re: Market finds 1 year ago #78

Platinum Boarder
No not really as I have a couple here I have to do. I do see another Healey (#21) in this drawer. Nothing else I see that I am interested in though.
There is a land rover in here that should be in the last box. Safari version I think?

Re: Market finds 1 year ago #79

Platinum Boarder
<p>Jim, that is the other Healey I bought. Yes, it is a safari Land Rover.</p>
<p>Ok, what I did with these drawers is this: I had to make some sort of system, so I can find any model as quickly as possible. Big trucks cannot be placed, so they are in a separate part, under the workbench. Under the workbench is also my selection of paint bottles, boxes with tyres and wheels, and the boxes which are filled up over the year with metal parts to be sandblasted.</p>
<p>As you saw I did a drawer with Batmobiles+Astons, one with Formula one, one with Mustangs+Corvettes and so on. Found out I had so many Land Rovers, they did not fit in that drawer. So the ones(s) that do not fit, are (temporarely) in the drawer above or under it.</p>
<p>As there are models of which I only have one or a few, there are drawers with mixed stuff. It could then be that I place Mini's and let's say Imps together, just because both are small models.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year ago by Keesie.

Re: Market finds 1 year ago #80

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nr 20, the last of this batch.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Market finds 1 year ago #81

Platinum Boarder
<p>Keesie wrote:
</p>
<p>I do not see any grey canopies.</p>
<p>
<br /><br />Forgive me I did not properly explain what I meant"!<br /><br />I found a Land rover with a roof and as I do not see any reproduction may originals be hard to find and of some worth?</p>

Re: Market finds 1 year ago #82

Platinum Boarder
I would think that original parts of any kind would be worth more than a reproduction to collectors who like originality. NOT all of us can afford that and it is hard to find them at any rate. Reproductions are not cheap in most cases but they do complete a model. If you have an original canopy for a Land Rover by Corgi you should buy one at your next trip to one of the shows in England I hear so much about but can not attend as I live to far away for a 2 day visit to a show. Beside that would cost me over $1000.00 to get to England and then I have to rent a car to get to the show say in Sandon.or else where.
Then you have a very good use for the canopy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Market finds 1 year ago #83

Platinum Boarder
<p>Corgi did basicly two originals: a tin canopy, and later a plastic one. As you can see Land Rovers are not hard to find, but indeed canopies are more difficult, often missing. I just make my own when I need one.</p>

Re: Market finds 1 year ago #84

Platinum Boarder
<p>Made pictures of the last drawers. Jim, most of these have a mixture of models.</p>
<p>Nr 21.</p>
<p>
upload pics in a link</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Market finds 1 year ago #85

Platinum Boarder
That yellow Bedford Van looks Dinky to me. I would be interested in that one. I had a logging truck and sold it and I have chopped up a Thames trader for another Truck Caravan conversion so don't want either of them.

Re: Market finds 1 year ago #86

Platinum Boarder
<p>Its a Corgi Road Service van. It seems original, but the yellow paint is completely matte, although the roof sign is shiny.</p>
<p>
lightshot</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Market finds 1 year ago #87

Platinum Boarder
<p>I already made a few variations of it.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Market finds 1 year ago #88