Market finds
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!

TOPIC: Market finds

Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Last Sunday we went out to a flea market nearby. Here the things I bought.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
e85 gas stations close to me</p>
Last Edit: 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Keesie.

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>
</p>

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Well, look at that, a Premeta. Not the one your looking for though, the Opel Kapitan Sedan. Nice to find on at a flea market though.
Are you getting into Dinky Racers now? 2 Austin Healey's and a TR-2 are nice finds. I don't have the Healey as of yet.

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim. Would you believe I saw that key first, and wanted to pay 5 to 10 euros for it. The seller then said he had the car to it, and took out the Mercedes. Then he said he wanted 5 euros both the car and key.......it was missing grille and rear axle, and when he wound it up nothing happened.</p>
<p>Then I searched through the box next to it, and found the rear axle with one wheel. I stuck it in the hole and........the motor started working!</p>

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>I had the intention from the start to have one Prameta as an opened up model without upper shell, because the inner clockwork is very impressive. So this one will do that trick. Yes, still the chrome Opel Kapitan to go.</p>
<p>I then asked him about the Dinky's. All three for 6 euros! Do you want one?</p>

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #6

You are so lucky finding that Prämeta. Can you show the inner works please

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>Of course Theo! As you can see it is very impressive inside. I opened some others before, just to clean and oil them a bit. The upper shell is held to the base by only two very small screws.</p>
<p>
brotherhood of steel virus</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 11 months ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>In the upper shell near the grille, you can see the indicator unit. This has some small rims in the centre. The front wheel unit grips into this and makes it move in the same direction as the front wheels go.</p>
<p>In the centre of the base you see a big drum. In it there is a big flat spring. It is wound by the key from underneath. The key goes on a square axle. Inside the axle is connected to a cog wheel (not visable). This cog wheel is connected to the outer teeth on the drum. This system winds up the spring.</p>
<p>Here a view from the outside in, against the laptop screen. There is such a lot in there, if ever I take it apart, I really have to make pictures of every step.......</p>
<p>
td atm hours</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #9

Expert Boarder
Keesie,

Congrats, this must be one of the best fleamarkets ever.

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>Ok,here the whole story. (you asked for it....) It wasn't actually a flea market......</p>
<p>My village is part of a bigger counsil, all villages about 5 to 7 miles apart. Once a year private people organize themselves for a weekend, and open up their gardens and homes. You get a route, and all adresses are on it. So there is a church, and inside you have paintings of all sorts. The artists are there. Next there is someone with a garden filled with cactusses. Next there is someone making statues out of clay. And a farmer opens a field, and everybody can place little stalls with their goods for sale.That is where I got the Dinky's and the Prameta.</p>
<p>I participated twice in the past with my models. I just opened up my garage/workshed.</p>
<p>On the Saturday I went to the school where I took Jim to afew years ago, and of which I am the historian. People came in and I told the history. People left, others came in. I told stories form 11 to 4.30 no end. So the next day I was 'off' and we went on the bicycles to the places I mentioned. Then I bought the Prameta's and Dinky's .</p>
<p>Oh, and I also bought a lamp for a pushbike........</p>

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #11

Platinum Boarder
It is good to see that you can still pick up a bargain in this day & age , this sounds like a great community & sounds as if people are glad to sell on their their old treasures for a snip of hat you would pay at a toy fair /auction. The Mercedes is painted in a real catching colour an excelent find.

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Great story and how I wish there was something similar here. Well in fact there is. We call it Trash to Treasure. Similar way of working except every thing is FREE here. As long as it is working you put it out on the curb and people come and look and if they like it they take it. My wife got rid if bags of holiday decorations for the walls of our old house when my kids were small. Christmas trees, snow flakes etc, Easter bunnies and colored eggs, Halloween cats, pumpkins and bats and St Patric day clovers and green hats etc. She had a shopping bag full for each holiday. Much better than tossing them or recycling the paper. Saucers, Vases, old key chains, you name it and you find it. Old air conditioners and lawnmowers too. Helped us get rid of stuff we no longer used but did not want to bother trying to sell as they were not worth much but were still very good condition. I have picked up stuff too over the years but no toys. sadly.

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Keesie wrote:

...I then asked him about the Dinky's. All three for 6 euros! Do you want one?

I have sent you an email on this.

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>Jim, I will answer your mail soon.</p>
<p>About markets, certain people here are very inventive. It all started years ago with people having a very small stall in front of our house, on your own ground (otherwise this is not permitted....), only a small table with an umbrella over it, on which small home groceries/fruit and a small pot to put money in. Then people began to place old books and other smal things they did not need anymore. You can pick anything you need or like, for free.</p>
Last Edit: 11 months ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Market finds 11 months, 3 weeks ago #15

Platinum Boarder
<p>I have friends nearby, actually living next to that school museum. People bring their goods to them which they no longer need. They sort them out, and a lot of stuff is packed and sent to the Philipines. A lot of other stuff is put on tables in a small hall nearby once every month. People can have everything for free, and if they want to pay something, they do. Hey Aad, how is that done at your place?</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness