NAMAC March 31, 2018
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: NAMAC March 31, 2018

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Did NAMAC have any model cars commemorating the occassion?

or was those Morris Minors 25 years ago a one-off?

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #17

Which occasion do you mean Richard?

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
The Dinky France Studebaker looks very nice indeed, I am suitably jealous now.

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
I shared a table with Jan (again) and sold a good deal of cars and stuff, 26 items in all.

Made good money, met a lot of people I know, had some very nice chats and returned home quite satisfied.
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
That would be a good feeling after a good day like that. I am sure they don't happen every time you go.

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
One thing I forgot: Jim asked about the caps of that ERF dump truck, Corgi nr 460. You are right Jim, the first editon was with metal caps, the second one with plastic. As I remember Corgi ordered them from a bicycle factory, where they had a different use.

Hereby some pictures.

The first one in front, without the decal, is with metal caps, restored. Originally the caps were red too, and they were tight attached to the rear, so I painted them afterwards.  The one behind it is the second version, with plastic caps. The third, unrestored one, is the one from Houten. The caps are metal, the same as the first one, but unpainted and also turned 90 degrees. 

While the above picture was made smaller to 619 Kb, and loaded perfectly, the second picture, underneath, did not load with my message. That one was made smaller to 527 Kb, so smaller then the frst one. How strange!

So I made it smaller once more, his time it is 426 Kb. Still not..... so 345 Kb. Here it is.

Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the explanation and the pictures. I knew about the plastic caps as the ones I have restored all came with no caps or broken plastic caps and I got replacements from SF at that time. I am assuming the metal changed to plastic caps about the same time the switched from early hubs to later spun hubs. Seems about right.
Funny about the picture loading. Some of my Transporter pictures were 1382 x 688 which is 468Kb and they had to be URL'd after the loading. I had others, the same size or there abouts that loaded just fine yet others, again same size did not. Strange things are happening.

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #23

Expert Boarder
The truck is nice. Realistic enough, but got a charm that old toys have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco
  • Page: