NAMAC March 31, 2018
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: NAMAC March 31, 2018

NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
The NAMAC toyfair was great yesterday ! Maybe you all remember I told you last time, I came home with only a small Chipperfields monkey. Well, this time it was overwhelming, which I knew before even going there.......

This time I went with my cousin's car. It was dry weather, so that was a plus. I had a lot of stuff with me to take to other people, not from this forum. Someone asked me to buy him two diorama boxes at Tom's, which is near my place. The diorama boxes have a small lamppost on each corner, fed by batteries underneath. He showed me straight away when I gave them, and indeed it looks very cool.

Then I had to deliver some other small 3inch stuff to another friend, and he gave me this box in return.....

Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Keesie.

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
As I did not open the box, I started with my search, because someone asked me to restore a Corgi Daimler 1910. Unfortunately I could not find one. At 11 o'clock I had coffee with Theo, who gave me some parts I needed. 

Then I carried on, and was fortunate to find some models for next to nothing! Here all the models I bought. The red and yellow parts are from Theo.

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Then I saw a guy selling tools. As I asked my dentist several times in the past, he did not want to give me old stuff, so here it is, a complete set.

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
You have some nice buys there Keesie, those tools make me go ouch!

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #5

It was a good fair and I met Keesie, Gerrit. Jan and some more members. Picked up the lot of 32 cars (31xDT and 1 Lion Car) as shown earlier. Now in the process of registering the cars and take photos.

To be continued....

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Looks like you both had a good day at that fair.
Kees, those dental tools will come in handy for lots of things, not just your toy building. I wonder what is in that box you now have? Looks like Tomy toys and Lightning on the logos. You get some Johnny Lightning cars to work on? I like some but can't find them here or over in the Okanagan. Not sure if they even are for sale here in Canada. You will have to show us soon.
Looks like you have a few projects to do now.
That cement truck, what kind of caps does it have. I don't think I have seen them before. They look metal, I have only ever seen the red plastic ones.

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Jim, I didn't realise the box was Johnny Lightning. I can explain this, as it came from a friend who is into 3inch. In the box a lot of parts which can become handy (no Johnny Lightning).

Ok, the parts and the white Commer ambulance were arranged in a deal, the big car on the left is a 1:36 Kojak car, not may want, but look at the other one: a Daimler 1910! Would you believe I carried that box around the toyfair all day, searching for old Daimlers, not knowing one was in that box!?

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Wow, luck of the draw on that Daimler, for sure. Funny how things work out that way sometimes.
Looks like lots of chrome bits, some ladders, lights and wheels. Can't make out the rest. Looks like useful stuff your your purposes.

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Ok, I took al stuff out of the plastic bags, and sorted them. Front lights, diamond lights, rear lights, chrome parts, ladders, dashboards, steerings, grilles, glazings, tyres, wheels, and more. There is such a lot, and I already have a lot of these, so they will all go now into the 'deviding-cases'. Hard to take a picture of it all, also because I have to reduce it a lot, to place it here. Hope it is all visable.......

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
That is a lot when you take it all out of the baggies. What are the red and yellow window things at the bottom left? I see middle left bottom that you have what look like Matchbox tracks. Grey is usually for the M3 Centurion Tank and the #49 Half Track. Nice array of lights and are those rivets upper right corner?

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
the red/orange parts at the bottom are rear lights/reflectors. The grey tracks in the middle are plastic, small scale I think. In the box with the yellow lid are transparant small round light units.

Believe me Jim, there are (always) a lot of those small parts, of which I do not have a clue myself what they orginally are. What matters is that I must have a feeling I can use them one day.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Houten was very busy, and everyone seemed to be happy, both with sales and acquisitions. And so was I. Sold 32+ models and other stuff and returned home with an as new boxed Dinky France no. 24y Studebaker Commander (dark green roof, light green body) and a lot of money.

As it happened, the day before a late, as new Dinky England no. 674 Austin Champ arrived from France, almost for nothing, whereas this late version without driver, with plastic steering wheel, dark green plastic hubs and red/yellow stickers fore and aft seems scarcer to me than the regular one of which millions must have been sold in the over one decade of availability. 

I wonder when the regular uploading of pictures will be restored again. If so I could have shown the models referred to above. Kind regards, Jan 

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #13

Jan, you could email me the photos, so I can upload them in this thread

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #14

Here is Jan's photo

The following user(s) said Thank You: janwerner

Re: NAMAC March 31, 2018 2 years, 4 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Very nice Studebaker indeed. The color Combo is great together. Your Austin Champ will need a driver and some passengers now. Looks in very nice condition too.
  • Page: