Unknown make
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unknown make

Unknown make 2 years, 4 months ago #1

Gold Boarder
I see these on ebay, does anyone know the make of these models? they have a clockwoork engine and seem to have steering.

Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by PoliTom2.

Re: Unknown make 2 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
They are Mettoy products from the early 1950’s. The model represents a Standard Vanguard.

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66, PoliTom2

Re: Unknown make 2 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
These are two from my collection, Chris is correct they are made by Mettoy, I am not sure howmany different types they made in the Mehcanical set but I know of a Roll Royce, the key was a simple piece of metal which reminds me of one which you used to get on a tin of corned beef.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, PoliTom2

Re: Unknown make 2 years, 4 months ago #4

Gold Boarder
Aha, thanks a lot Chris and Andy!

They are nice old models.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Unknown make 2 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
What ''POLITOM'' shows in his first picture are in fact the plastic versions.

The Standard Vangard was the only car in the range and trimmed as Three distinct versions...

#510, Standard Vangard in POLICE trim.

#511, Standard Vangard in TAXI trim.

#512, Standard Vangard in FIRE CHIEF trim.

Andy is showing both diecast and plastic versions together.

The Rolls-Royce only exists as a diecast metal version and as Andy mentions was a partener to the Vangard, no other cars being in either the metal or plastic ranges.

Rollerman.

Re: Unknown make 2 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I Minic key should work. You should be able to see a square shaft when you look into the hole. Most are the same size.
  • Page: